PDA

View Full Version : Frankie Edgar would welcome a rematch against BJ Penn

Pumphrey94
04-16-2010, 11:17 PM
Newly crowned UFC Lightweight Champion Frankie "The Answer" Edgar may find himself fighting BJ Penn for the second time, after dethroning "The Prodigy" at UFC 112: Invincible. According to the recent reports, the Ultimate Fighting Championship are considering to award BJ Penn a rematch, sometime between September and November. Frankie Edgar stated in an interview to Sherdog.com that he would be happy to prove that he is a true Champion by defeating Penn for the second time:

“If anybody’s earned a rematch, it’s B.J. He’s a legend at 155. I’m ready for it if that’s definitely going to happen. I’m the champion. I don’t get to pick who I fight; they tell me who I fight.

It was definitely was a close fight, but I truly do feel I won. There’s going to be people that think one way and people that think the other, but all three judges felt I won."

Twenty-eight years old Frankie Edgar has rised his Mixed Martial Arts record to 12-1 after the victory over BJ Penn, losing only to Gray "The Bully" Maynard via Unanimous Decision at UFN 13. Gray Maynard has recently declared that he is the one who should be Frankie Edgar's first title challenger, claiming that unlike his TUF 5 coach, he actually defeated "The Answer".

The Mac
04-17-2010, 12:29 AM
i posted alredy tht it looks like ufc 118 will be penn vs edgar 2 and maynard vs florian