PDA

View Full Version : BIG EXCLUSIVE: Jim Ross Has a Meeting With TNA Officials

Kenpachi Zaraki
04-20-2010, 07:27 PM
According to a high level source within TNA, Jim Ross has had a meeting with TNA officials concerning the possibility of signing with the company.

I was informed that within the past week or so, Ross met with both TNA President Dixie Carter and Dean Broadhead, the CFO of TNA, and the two sides discussed the possibility of Jim Ross signing with TNA. I was told TNA has interest in bringing JR into the company as they are still in the process of trying to "shake things up" on TV.

It should be noted that this was just a meeting, and should not be taken to mean that Ross has signed, or is going to sign with TNA.

Currently, JR is still under contract with WWE, but the deal expires on April 30th.

WZ

Travicity
04-20-2010, 07:43 PM
April 20th baby, April 30th. Sign to TNA please lol.

ClayMation
04-20-2010, 08:03 PM
wow that would be a big deal if TNA could sign him...shows how much WWE has fallen.

Smartmark
04-20-2010, 08:30 PM
When Jim Ross jump ships, WWE will truly be dead. I guess he's a bit pissed on WWE because of the happenings as of late. I don't blame the guy!

Thanx for posting Gunner!

Swinny
04-20-2010, 08:38 PM
I still don't see him ever signing with them... but I guess this shows that he's at least interested by the offer, in some way, so who knows? If TNA can get him though, it definitely will be huge.

jedi71
04-20-2010, 09:07 PM
i dont think he will sighn but wow what a huge boost it would give to tna if they could find a way to make it happen.

Kage
04-20-2010, 11:47 PM
Isn't it in vilolation of his Wwe contract to even be meeting with Tna about signing? I remember Dreamer couldn't even meet with Tna til his 90 days were up

Kellie
04-21-2010, 03:47 AM
I honestly think he would never go, I know I thought that about Flair but I think JR would have more to lose

Kenpachi Zaraki
04-21-2010, 03:55 AM
I don't think he's gonna go tbh. He hates Bischoff and what WCW did to him when Russo and Ed Ferarra were there

Kenpachi Zaraki
04-21-2010, 07:37 AM
As noted earlier here on the website, several company executives met with Jim Ross earlier this month. Ross met with TNA Chief Financial Officer Dean Broadhead, Dixie Carter and her father Bob Carter a few weeks ago to discuss working with the company when his WWE contract expires in just 10 days. One of the main points of contention Ross brought up was that Vince Russo would have to be removed from the creative team before he would even consider any serious negotiations. Jim Ross told the Carters that if he were to sign with TNA – he'd be looking to be not just an announcer, but a top level company executive. With the amount of time Ross spent as one of the top players behind the scenes
in WWE, he would be an invaluable asset to TNA in terms of talent development and the overall direction of the company. We can confirm that Ross has also also spoken with officials from Marc Cuban's HDNet cable channel. HDNet is the home of MMA, UFL football and Ring of Honor programming.

The Mac
04-21-2010, 07:41 AM
ya he deserves a high ranking job
and maybe he would help tna bring some big names
in that r loyal to good ol jr

Smartmark
04-21-2010, 06:11 PM
Thanx for the update Gunner!

Travicity
04-21-2010, 06:25 PM
Lol wow he is wanted what a choice he cant stay. He just can't stay with WWE after this rolf MMA? TNA? Football christ give it up for him.

Smartmark
04-21-2010, 06:27 PM
What about JR in ROH? That would be freakin' awesome! :D

DUKE NUKEM
04-21-2010, 06:32 PM
thanks for the post Gunner

hardcoregamer16
04-21-2010, 06:38 PM
ROH cant afford him and why would a guy like JR go to a indy company?

Smartmark
04-21-2010, 07:01 PM
^^ Ehh...yes they can afford him :eek:

Why? Because I am a ROH fan! :P

aoessand
04-21-2010, 09:27 PM
wwe better put him back on tv damnit i miss good ole JR

aoessand
04-21-2010, 09:30 PM
^^ wake up and smell the shit you shovel ROH is cool but they cant afford big names everyday they are an INDY show i have never even seen them on tv... have to watch on utube with is just stupid...

Travicity
04-21-2010, 09:34 PM
Cause Indy is Pro Rasslin' :D

I think it would be cool for him to be in TNA and an announcer and creative backstage and maybe finally something good happens out of alot of bad thing's happening right now.

Smartmark
04-21-2010, 10:21 PM
^^ wake up and smell the shit you shovel ROH is cool but they cant afford big names everyday they are an INDY show i have never even seen them on tv... have to watch on utube with is just stupid...

What planet are you from? If you are familiar with ROH, they have had many huge stars on their shows. Mick Foley, Ric Flair and Bret Hart to mention some.
And if you still think ROH is an Indy Promotion, you better check your facts. ROH is the third biggest Wrestling Promotion in USA. I wouldn't call that an Indy Promotion. Would you call TNA a Indy Promotion as well then? Destination X had 1100 people in attendance, Against All Odds had around 1000, and Genesis the same. TNA have most of their PPV's in the regular Impact Zone. ROH's last PPV; The Big Bang had around 1500 people in attendance.

Besides, ROH has many big stars, and I bet they want as much money as many wrestlers in TNA

aoessand
04-23-2010, 05:40 AM
1500 people? that barely pays the wrestlers/rent in the place , face it dude ROH might have good wrestling "talent" but it is INDY UFC/WWE have 10k people in its arenas at ppv that is $$$ and i bet tna when it goes to other bigger places it gets alot more than 1500...