PDA

View Full Version : O'Toole: 'Smallville success is amazing'

OMEN
05-06-2010, 10:38 AM
Annette O'Toole has claimed that her scenes on Smallville are "lovely".

The actress, who plays Martha Kent, will return to the show in tomorrow's episode along with Perry White (Michael McKean).

Speaking to E! Online, she said: "There are some lovely scenes. I have some good stuff with Tom [Welling, who plays Clark] and good stuff with Erica [Durance, who plays Lois]."

She continued: "You have so many things you want to accomplish in these shows and you have one episode to do it in. They have to be really true to their concept of these characters, and they were lovely about including things that I felt and cared about. Hopefully the fans will like it. It's just amazing to me people are so involved in the lives of these characters."

O'Toole also promised that her scenes with Welling are emotional, saying: "All I know is that we have some really nice stuff together. It's not like we just make pie - we really go in-depth about the way we feel and what's going on."

O'Toole added that she is pleased that the show, which has already been renewed for a tenth season, has been so successful.

"Most shows don't run past four years," she said. "This is amazing to me. It's not surprising when you look back and see what we've put into it - the care and the tending of these characters has always been really good."

DS