PDA

View Full Version : Betty White to host an upcoming RAW?

Konan
05-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Actress Betty White's Wikipedia page claims that she will host the Memorial Day edition of WWE Raw on May 31st. The show will take place from Austin, Texas. Wikipedia is not always the most reliable source, although it had been confirmed that WWE has been in talks with her. The 88 year old actress hosted NBC's Saturday Night Live over the weekend and the show drew a better rating than usual. Her SNL hosting gig came about after a grassroots campaign on Facebook.

NODQ

gguru
05-10-2010, 11:40 PM
better SNL ratings because she is funnier than hell...but I am not convinced that she will not seem a little lost among people like Santino, Kozlov, and Golddust...but who knows.

Metalitia
05-11-2010, 04:45 PM
Much the same feelings as I have about the Buzz Aldrin rumours and about the guest host concept in general.

If they must have them then they should at least be of some benefit to the wrestling and/or the company.

Wayne Brady last week for example, still lame and irritating like most of the guest hosts but he came down to the ring and took an RKO which is of benefit to Ortons character of being slightly unhinged and not caring who gets in his way.

I can't see pensioners really doing anything remotely like that.

John
05-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Didn't they end this guest host stuff last night?

gguru
05-11-2010, 08:02 PM
They didn't end it, in fact commercials showed twice for Aldrin being on next week -- in the commercial free RAW -- also, Vickie quit as GM at the end of the show...so no GM anymore and back to the Hosts running everything.

DUKE NUKEM
05-11-2010, 08:22 PM
thanks for the update Konan