PDA

View Full Version : Matt Morgan comments on TNA going PG

John
05-11-2010, 04:24 PM
In an interview with the “Busted Open” radio show, Matt Morgan was asked about TNA trying to appeal to an older demographic compared to WWE’s PG-TV programming, Morgan said he believes TNA should be going after kids and families in addition to adults. Morgan said TNA doesn’t need to be “cartoony” or “patronize the fans,” but he said they need to cater to the younger fans who haven’t moved on from pro wrestling.

“People my age – I don’t think they’re watching wrestling anymore. They’re watching MMA,” Morgan said.

Metalitia
05-11-2010, 04:58 PM
I'm 23 and all those I know who watch wrestling and/or MMA are of similar ages and some a bit older closer to Morgans age. Of the ones who watch MMA over pro wrestling it's not because of how the product is or whatever it's because they know wrestling is scripted and MMA isn't. For them that cheapens the appeal of pro wrestling. For the majority of us though we like and enjoy both and take pro wrestling as a sport mixed with entertainment.

Point being it's not so much an issue of age it's more to do with how peoples perceptions and preferences are.

Dilph
05-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Hell I am in my 40's and still watch wrestling.

DUKE NUKEM
05-11-2010, 08:13 PM
thanks for the post john

thehorrorof85
06-28-2010, 12:55 AM
Well said.