PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Blog: Danielson's WWE Future, Comparing Orton To Austin & More

Kellie
05-13-2010, 01:11 AM
WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has updated his blog at strong>JRsBarBQ.com with his thoughts on the following:

Tuesday's NXT Broadcast:"NXT was a surprising show Tuesday night. I am a reality show fan by and large and have always thought that NXT would be more effective it we fans could see the NXT rookies outside the arena environment to be able to get to know them better. Perhaps the 2nd version of NXT will provide that. "

Bryan Danielson's Future: "Daniel Bryan aka Bryan Danielson is by far the best pure wrestler of the NXT group, eliminated or not, and no matter what his name may or may not be today."

Comparing Randy Orton to Steve Austin: "Randy is merely being his TV persona but it does have some Austin-esque qualities. Randy just has to continue to put his own, individual touches on his fan favorite persona of which I have very high hopes for as time goes on."

Kenpachi Zaraki
05-13-2010, 02:20 AM
Orton as Austin now I have seen everything

aoessand
05-13-2010, 04:50 AM
orton is good, but not austin good lol

cullumfan
05-13-2010, 05:18 AM
i agree with jr nxt is just a wrestling show- but learnign more about them will clearify things - otherwise a wrestlling s how and not a good one

Metalitia
05-13-2010, 03:37 PM
The Austin comparison is mainly about how he doesn't have to change his style from Heel to Face. Still doing the same stuff just very slightly tweaked.

DUKE NUKEM
05-13-2010, 04:28 PM
^ very good point orton can never reach the level that austin had

Kemo
05-15-2010, 01:24 PM
I've thought about the Orton/Austin comparison. It looks a little more like gimmick infringement. Their talents are way different.

Metalitia
05-17-2010, 03:18 PM
WWE Creative in not very creative writing shocker heh.

Orton going over as a face using the same stuff he did as a heel pretty much - Austin roughly a decade ago.

Swagger bragging about his superior technical skills and how therefore he's the only true deserving champion - Angle roughly a decade ago.

WrestleFan78
05-17-2010, 04:05 PM
I would like to see NXT be more like Tough Enough or The Ultimate Fighter and less like a wrestling show with silly "challenges"...