PDA

View Full Version : AJ Styles Pissed Off Backstage

Kellie
05-20-2010, 02:34 AM
AJ Styles was extremely upset the day of a recent iMPACT taping when officials told him he would be losing the World Heavyweight Title that night to Rob Van Dam since it was a decision made because of bad ratings. Styles threw a hissy fit when he found out about it.

EWN

DUKE NUKEM
05-20-2010, 10:23 PM
rvs stayed champ because of ratings wow, thanaks for the post Kellie

TJChurch
05-21-2010, 12:01 AM
Ratings had nothing to do with Styles as Champ. Either he or RVD as Champ is fine; Lumping them with Flair &/or Hogan is the problem.

Vick Diesel
05-21-2010, 02:21 AM
I agree with you, AJ was much better w/out Flair...I miss the old AJ!!!

Kage
05-21-2010, 09:25 PM
Methinks this is a plant by Russo to get more heel heat on AJ from the IWC. When AJ went from World Champ to being back in the X Division, to the Tag Division, back to the World Champ, back to X Champ, etc, You never heard about him complaining at all. He's a TNA guy and will always support what TNA does. He's proven to us that he isn't a selfish wreslter and he is in TNA for TNA, not Aj Styles.

TJChurch
05-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Methinks this is a plant by Russo to get more heel heat on AJ from the IWC. When AJ went from World Champ to being back in the X Division, to the Tag Division, back to the World Champ, back to X Champ, etc, You never heard about him complaining at all. He's a TNA guy and will always support what TNA does. He's proven to us that he isn't a selfish wreslter and he is in TNA for TNA, not Aj Styles.

I agree he's proven to be in the company for its success, not himself... But nobody can deny he is 1 of the reasons people tune in.

JustBenV1
05-21-2010, 11:00 PM
I agree he's proven to be in the company for its success, not himself... But nobody can deny he is 1 of the reasons people tune in.

Not many people thats the problem people need to realise AJ could become popular with casuals but to get casuals to watch TNA they need a champ they already no, TNA is not trying to please the IWC or indy fans as that only got them so far and they are trying to do bigger things.

Id also add teaming with flair is the best thing thats ever happened to AJ in his wrestling career as withought him he wouldnt be seen by casuals as any better then someone like Billy Kidman was seen in WCW.

But with flair as manager he looks big time, again they dont care what the IWC thinks.

TJChurch
05-21-2010, 11:03 PM
Not many people thats the problem people need to realise AJ could become popular with casuals but to get casuals to watch TNA they need a champ they already no, TNA is not trying to please the IWC or indy fans as that only got them so far and they are trying to do bigger things.

I wasn't a fan of TNA until I saw an episode of Impact where he was announced as "returning to" something. (May've been the HW Division.) I see your point about getting casuals to watch with a known Champ, which probably is why RVD got the belt over AJ. However, things go beyond that... Once you get me watching, you have to show me things worth seeing, or I will change the channel, & come back for the main event (as I considered doing last night).

JustBenV1
05-21-2010, 11:11 PM
But plenty of people like me and my group of wrestling friends are enjoying TNA more and more as the weeks go on and IMO its better since Hogan/Bischoff came in the its ever been but then im not an indy fan.

TJChurch
05-21-2010, 11:13 PM
But plenty of people like me and my group of wrestling friends are enjoying TNA more and more as the weeks go on and IMO its better since Hogan/Bischoff came in the its ever been but then im not an indy fan.

I'm not that much of an indy fan, either... Don't get me wrong; I enjoy seeing the old guys like "The Outsiders", etc... But the place for them is conventions & maybe a few shows throughout the country, not as TV Tag Champs.