PDA

View Full Version : WWE Reportedly Regrets Cutting Mickie James - Details

Kellie
05-21-2010, 06:21 AM
Beth Phoenix's injury two weeks ago during a Superstars taping was significantly worse than originally let on. During a bout with Rosa Mendes, she jumped off the turnbuckle, resulting in her left knee giving out. She was diagnosed with a bone bruise, a torn and displaced meniscus — a sprained MCL and a torn ACL — which required surgery. She underwent the surgery Tuesday in Birmingham, Alabama under Dr. James Andrews and is expected to be out of action for approximately six months.

Initial reaction to the seriousness of her injury is that a lot of people within WWE now regret cutting Mickie James loose last month, since the company is left with marginal depth on the SmackDown! babyface side. It's said that James' behavior on the European tour was the deciding factor in letting her go. However, her release had been brewing as there was talk of cutting her prior WrestleMania due to her behavior. Notably, James had a few run-ins with Batista with things becoming so heated that he threatened to quit if she wasn't fired. At one point, The Undertaker had to step in to calm him down.

There was talk this week of moving Gail Kim over to SmackDown!, or signing someone outside the company who can work. With Lisa Marie Varon's contract with TNA expiring this week, there is a chance the company may re-sign her. However, her age is a huge question not to mention that she said some things disparaging the company after she left that could possibly hurt her if people remember them. Most notably, she took part in a pseudo-shoot segment last December railing her previous employer, emotionally saying she broke her two-year contract with WWE to come to TNA. She also said she left WWE because she didn't want to be remembered as a 'joke'.

EWN

Superman Dan
05-21-2010, 07:05 AM
They still have Kelly Kelly :D. I though James' work has become so sloppy in the last year and was suprised she stayed as long as she did.

The Mac
05-21-2010, 07:28 AM
ya her work slipped a lot in the last year
i think she was only there due to the fact
that she was so over with the fans

TJChurch
05-21-2010, 08:01 AM
Work slipped to injury; Probably kept using her due to same lack reported.

The Mac
05-21-2010, 08:04 AM
she wasnt injured for that long
and her weight was a issue as well
she let her self go and candice michelle got let go due to weight as well

TJChurch
05-21-2010, 08:06 AM
she wasnt injured for that long
and her weight was a issue as well
she let her self go and candice michelle got let go due to weight as well

Injury, plush staph infection, etc.

Weight, relationship with Cena & other staffers, lateness on European tour, etc.

christianedge
05-21-2010, 10:34 AM
victoria back would be cool. i always wanted to see a match between her and beth. maybe they'll do one when she comes back healthy.

Smartmark
05-21-2010, 10:44 AM
Smartmark chants to Vince McMahon: You fucked up! You fucked up!

Black Widow
05-21-2010, 11:06 AM
to be honest WWE should regret it she was a pretty good wrestler

to be fair WWE are killing the womens division by making Eve divas chapion.. and Layla womens champion

The Mac
05-21-2010, 12:23 PM
ya thats terrible
to think of the greta women who have been champ and now layla is
thats bad and ya mickie was a good wrestler but she been not as good lately

TJChurch
05-21-2010, 08:57 PM
ya thats terrible
to think of the greta women who have been champ and now layla is
thats bad and ya mickie was a good wrestler but she been not as good lately

Last I checked, both MM & Layla were Champs. Michelle is fine, & so are Beth & some of the others... The problem is they book transitional Champs, not counting on the possibility the person who lost the belt for a bit will get hurt.

The Mac
05-21-2010, 09:00 PM
eh michele is ok but cmon layla is a complete joke
her only job in the company at first was to shake her ass with kelly kelly
wwe has disappointed me again lol
tna knockout division is stacked
and wwe's is extremely weak

TJChurch
05-21-2010, 09:08 PM
eh michele is ok but cmon layla is a complete joke
her only job in the company at first was to shake her ass with kelly kelly
wwe has disappointed me again lol
tna knockout division is stacked
and wwe's is extremely weak

I agree on Michelle & Layla... But TNA is losing it quickly. They lost Gail back to WWE, & "Tara" may follow. They let Kong go... What's next?