PDA

View Full Version : Heat on Orlando Jordan?

John
05-21-2010, 04:43 PM
There are people within TNA who want to do away with Orlando Jordan's controversial character. Those same people are said to be a bit unhappy that the gimmick is still around.

source: lordsofpain.net

TJChurch
05-21-2010, 08:49 PM
I saw him on TNA last night... Big entrance, leading to nothing.

JustBenV1
05-21-2010, 10:53 PM
Im really enjoying the character he is becoming which is a heel that will do whatever he wants and thinks what he wants rather then a gay/bi stereotype like people who secretly hate him because hes bi would like you to think to get rid of him.

Its new and interesting and could really develop into something good im guessing if this report is true its either homophobes in the crew or wrestlers who are pissed that they cant think of an interesting gimmick.

Hes no different from jeff hardy in his crazy/wild against the norm attitude plus he is actually a good wrestler when he gets chance to show it.

TJChurch
05-21-2010, 10:57 PM
Im really enjoying the character he is becoming which is a heel that will do whatever he wants and thinks what he wants rather then a gay/bi stereotype like people who secretly hate him because hes bi would like you to think to get rid of him.

I agree it's not stereotypical; On the other hand, I can't recall seeing anything that even mentioned the sexual part of his gimmick last night.

Its new and interesting and could really develop into something good im guessing if this report is true its either homophobes in the crew or wrestlers who are pissed that they cant think of an interesting gimmick.

Maybe it's the latter, but it likely has more to do with the fact that there are far-more-talented wrestlers getting shafted, whereas this great gimmick is given to a guy without the ability to pull it off &/or make you care.

Hes no different from jeff hardy in his crazy/wild against the norm attitude plus he is actually a good wrestler when he gets chance to show it.

Suffice it to say I disagree with both parts of that statement.

JustBenV1
05-21-2010, 11:07 PM
I agree it's not stereotypical; On the other hand, I can't recall seeing anything that even mentioned the sexual part of his gimmick last night.

Maybe it's the latter, but it likely has more to do with the fact that there are far-more-talented wrestlers getting shafted, whereas this great gimmick is given to a guy without the ability to pull it off &/or make you care.

Suffice it to say I disagree with both parts of that statement.

Depends how you define talented as id say he is much more talented then most of the X Division as he can talk on the mic unlike most of them who seem like there reading lines you are clearly coming from the IWC stand point which is not a bad but its not what TNA are aiming at but then im guessing your one of the people who's wrestling experiance is from watching rather then doing and talks about how you could fix TNA.

TJChurch
05-21-2010, 11:11 PM
Depends how you define talented as id say he is much more talented then most of the X Division as he can talk on the mic unlike most of them who seem like there reading lines you are clearly coming from the IWC stand point which is not a bad but its not what TNA are aiming at but then im guessing your one of the people who's wrestling experiance is from watching rather then doing and talks about how you could fix TNA.

Well, I'd say he has as much talent as some of the Xers mic-wise, & for him, that's as good as it gets. Also, let's not forget that a lot of things about the character he's playing are also true about him 24-7, which may be why he comes off less like reading.

I don't really see how any of us could know what TNA is aiming at.

Also, I'd say it'd be better not to listen to guys whose experience is from doing... Sure, HHH is supposedly in meetings, but nobody will deny he has a lot more talent than Orlando & some others. IMO, TNA got worse when Hogan joined the group.

DUKE NUKEM
05-22-2010, 12:14 AM
thanks for the update John

draeghonov
05-22-2010, 05:23 PM
Hmmmm....

As weird as it may seem, he actually has some cool moves when he's in the ring.
Yes, TNA kinda exploits his bisexual gimmick maybe a bit too much, but I personally don't see it getting in the way of him.
In all honesty, when I saw the fuss about him being bi and all, I thought that it was to cover up his weak in-ring capabilities.
BUT: I was wrong 100%...
He has this fierce, systematical "dismembering" technique which has impressed me more than I'd ever thought.
Getting The Freak on the ground and "demolishing" him is actually doing his character good IMO.
You see, I don't even think about all the bisexual character issues when I see him wrestle; the fancy entrance and outfits are seem before and they take nothing away from the person itself.

Personally, they should NOT put any more emphasis on his sexuality, just go with the flow as he's doing now, and see if the heat takes off...

jedi71
05-22-2010, 05:52 PM
yeah please git rid of this chareter its so stale it dosent intrest me at all.