PDA

View Full Version : Tim Sylvia Wins

John
05-22-2010, 07:23 PM
-- Moosin Fights issued the following presser last night: WORCESTER, Mass. (May 21, 2010) – Former 2-time UFC champion Tim “Maine-iac” Sylvia forced 5-time World’s Strongest Man Mariusz Pudzianowski to tap-out in the second round of the super heavyweight main event of this evening’s “Moosin” God Of Martial Arts” mixed martial arts pay-per-view show at the DCU Center in Worcester, Massachusetts. Sylvia, a native of Eastbrook, Maine, used his experience, arm length and boxing skills to defeat Pudzianowski, who was making his U.S. debut in only his third pro fight. “This feels great, man,” Sylvia said after the fight. “I’m back. Mariusz Pudzianowski is one helluva tough guy. This provides me with an opportunity to get another big fight, hopefully in three months. It didn’t go as I had planned. I thought I’d knock him out in the first round but I was a little cautious. My corner told me after the first round I could do anything because he was gassed. Once he failed on the takedowns, I knew I had him.” In the co-main event, heavyweight Travis Wiuff recorded his 61st win, unloading a vicious left hook, followed by two rights that dropped Josh Barnes, which ended the fight only 34 seconds into the opening round. Middleweight Rafael Natal (12-2-0) stopped Travis Lutter (10-6-0) by way of unanswered strikes in the opening round of their middleweight match. “Moosin: God Of Martial Arts” pay-per-view event at the DCU Center in Worcester, Massachusetts. Boston lightweight Mike Campbell (9-2) registered the most significant victory of his young career, taking a 3-round decision from veteran (Yves Edwards (37-15-1) in a back-and-forth fight. In a rematch featuring two of the top female MMA fighters in the world, Roxy Modaferri (15-5-0) avenged her loss, winning a split decision against Tara LaRosa (18-2-0). Polish heavyweight Lukasz Jurkowski improved his record to 15-9, striking Ho Jin Kim with back-to-back right hands for a first-round knockout.