PDA

View Full Version : Why Ric Flair is still THE MAN

tg01291980
08-01-2006, 02:28 PM
When asked in an interview if wrestling was real, Roddy Piper said this in reply, "I can't make you believe that wrestling is real, but I can make you believe that I'm real." Wrestling by and large is all about suspension of reality. The good ones can make you pop for a spot. The great ones can make you forget that it's all a show. For the entire time that I have watched wrestling, starting from when I 3 years old to now, Ric Flair has always been able to make me forget that it's all a show. Even now, when he should prolly be slowing down, he's more active than ever competing and looking good in ladder matches(w/Edge) and hardcore matches(in ECW vs. The Big Show and instant classic by the way). His promos draw you in because you can tell that he is pouring his heart and soul into it. He makes you believe that he is real and he will always be the measuring stick by which all other are compared.

Spawn
08-01-2006, 03:02 PM
I liked Pipers answer, It was better than Hogans on that radio.

Flair Country
08-01-2006, 03:49 PM
When asked in an interview if wrestling was real, Roddy Piper said this in reply, "I can't make you believe that wrestling is real, but I can make you believe that I'm real." Wrestling by and large is all about suspension of reality. The good ones can make you pop for a spot. The great ones can make you forget that it's all a show. For the entire time that I have watched wrestling, starting from when I 3 years old to now, Ric Flair has always been able to make me forget that it's all a show. Even now, when he should prolly be slowing down, he's more active than ever competing and looking good in ladder matches(w/Edge) and hardcore matches(in ECW vs. The Big Show and instant classic by the way). His promos draw you in because you can tell that he is pouring his heart and soul into it. He makes you believe that he is real and he will always be the measuring stick by which all other are compared.

AMEN brother!! Best thread ever! :thankyou:

Ethan Hunt
08-01-2006, 05:30 PM
Flair is a style, and more of a he's a profile. He looks good with a crimson mask on his face as even when wearing 5 grand Armani Tuxedo! He is what his work is.............ROYAL!

16 times are not for nothing, and they make him the gratest wrestler alive today to walk down the aisle and bust it all in the ring, and make people say.....he's still the man!

( rep added for the thread )