PDA

View Full Version : Doherty To Sue Star Magazine?

W-OLF
08-01-2006, 03:28 PM
Doherty To Sue Star Magazine?
Former Beverly Hills, 90210 star Shannen Doherty was reduced to tears last week after seeing a US tabloid magazine cover declaring she'd had drastic plastic surgery, and is planning to sue the magazine. American publication Star featured Doherty on the cover with the headline "Extreme Makeover" and insinuated that she'd had a variety of plastic surgery procedures. She appeared on US talk show The View as a guest co-host yesterday where she lashed out at the tabloid and said she had hired a lawyer to sue the publication. When moderator Barbara Walters asked Doherty if she'd ever had plastic surgery she replied, "No. I'm actually willing to go so far as to go sit down with whatever plastic surgeon they want to put in front of me who can inspect my face. I went to work and my lovely hairdresser David came to me and said, 'Oh my God, did you see the cover of Star?' and I went, 'No, why?' He told me and then he pulled it up online." Doherty was left so distraught by the story, that production had to be stopped on her new series, Breaking Up With Shannen Doherty. She explains, "Production got halted for about an hour and a half because I was sobbing uncontrollably. If you didn't have it (plastic surgery) and they're saying that you did, then it's embarrassing, it's humiliating. I don't know if anybody's noticed, but I've pretty much been hiding out as much as humanly possible. I've been trying to stay out of the press because I just don't want it in my life anymore. I hired a litigator and I'm willing to put as much money behind a lawsuit as humanly possible, just to sort of teach them a lesson."
IMDB

scorpionf
08-02-2006, 01:52 PM
Is she that upset about what a trashy tabloid says?

Or is she just upset that they found out about her having plastic surgery??? :tongue: