PDA

View Full Version : Baseball fan admits vomit assault

OMEN
05-26-2010, 05:38 PM
A baseball fan has pleaded guilty to vomiting on an off-duty police captain and his 11-year-old daughter during a game.

Matthew Clemmens, 21, stuck his fingers down his throat and vomited on Michael Vangelo and his daughter during a Philadelphia Phillies game, reports the Daily Telegraph.

He pleaded guilty to one count each of simple assault, disorderly conduct and harassment for his conduct during the game at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia.

The New Jersey man and his friend were spilling beer, cursing and heckling Mr Vangelo and his daughters from the time they arrived at their seats, according to a statement read in court.

Mr Vangelo's 15-year-old daughter asked the pair to stop the profanity, and Mr Vangelo complained to security that Clemmens' friend was spitting, with some of it hitting his 11-year-old daughter.

After his friend was ejected, Clemmens was sitting alone behind the Vangelos when he answered his mobile phone and said: "I need to do what I need to do. I'm going to get sick," the prosecutor said.

Clemmens then put his fingers down his throat and threw up on the father, with some vomit splashing onto Mr Vangelo's younger daughter.

He then punched the father several times in the head before other fans in the stands subdued him, the prosecutor said.

Clemmens' mug shot showed him with a swollen black eye, and authorities acknowledged he was hit as he was being subdued. No one else was charged in the case.

Orange