View Full Version : Marc DellaGrotte Talks About The UFC Coming To Boston, Massachusetts

Konan
06-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Source: MMABay.co.uk

MMA coach, Marc DellaGrotte has revealed that the UFC coming to his home town of Boston, Massachusetts at the end of August is a dream come true.

Speaking to Ray Flores, DellaGrotte said:

“It means a lot to me. Having MMA events in the Boston area for quite a long time was kind of like the Wild West. There were no rules, we were going from town to town looking for sanctioning and approval and making up rules as we went.”

“It was really difficult to legitimise our sacred sport. With the great help of Dana [White], Lorenzo [Fertitta] and [the UFC] they were able to step in and they helped us not only legitimise the sport but bring it to Boston. I like to consider Boston a fight town, there is a lot of energy…. We were working long and hard for this, its finally a dream come true to have a UFC in Boston.”

“Being a Boston native and having a bit of a rivalry with New York, we had a bit of a race to get there before they did and I am happy that we beat them to it. I think its only a matter of time before New York catches on… what we are doing is addictive and contagious. I think eventually everybody is going to

UFC 118 will be headlined by the Lightweight title rematch between Frankie Edgar and B.J. Penn, while top contenders at 155 pounds, Kenny Florian and Gray Maynard will also square off.