PDA

View Full Version : [ROH] on HDNet 6/7 Recap

Travicity
06-08-2010, 05:23 AM
credit: Jaso

ROH on HDNET

We start the show with a rundown of the ROH World Title picture between ROH World Champion Tyler Black, Austin Aries, Roderick Strong, and Davey Richards. These are arguably the 4 biggest stars in ROH. I love how ROH takes a storyline and let it grow for months. Old School Wrestling at its best!

Tonight’s Main Event

Non-Title Match

ROH World Champion Tyler Black v. Austin Aries

In Ring Action….

El Genericho v. Rickey Reyes

Both men are former ROH World Tag Team Champions. Reyes takes the lead to start the contest, but Genericho makes his presence known as the match goes on. Genericho goes for the Ikuza kick and misses. But a few moments later he lands it followed by the Brain buster for the pin.

Winner-El Genericho

In Ring Action….

Mr. Wrestling Steve Corino v. Jerry Lynn

This is a match between two very old, and very wise competitors. Hopefully the locker room watches this one. Lynn takes to the skies to bring Corino to his knees. They then move out to ringside and Corino takes control. After some basic punches and kicks, Lynn makes his move outside and works Corino over. Corino gets Lynn in an abdominal stretch, and then puts his thumb up Lynn ass. Yes you read that correct. No this move is not Orlando Jordan’s finisher, at least not in the ring. We’re about 12 minutes into this match and both men seem to be wearing down. Still they are both telling a great story. Colt Cabana makes his way out to the ring, but Kevin Steen stops him from interfering. Kenny King then makes his way out and jumps Jerry Lynn. The ring is cleared except for Kevin Steen. Hit El Genericho’s music. We almost have a confrontation between these two, but Corino makes the save.

Winner-No Decision

Backstage we have an interview with Davey Richards and Tyler Black. To watch these two speak about what drives them and what makes them tick gives me chills. Davey grew up without a dad, raised by his grandparents. This explains a lot about his lone wolf quality and demeanor. I am so excited to see where Davey Richards goes with his career.

Main Event

Non-Title Match

Austin Aries v. ROH World Champion Tyler Black

This is an amazing match to give away for free. I promise you that this will be the best match on any channel in any promotion this week. Aries starts to wear Black down with some stiff kicks to the back. Quickly both men make their way to the floor for some amazing work. Black lands a back flip splash on Aries, crazy! Back in the ring Black works on Aries neck with several clothes lines and neck breakers. Back outside the ring Aries takes back control. This is a classic ROH match. A few minutes later Black is in real trouble when Aries attempts an IDP in the corner. Black blocks it with a kick of his own. Black then rolls up Aries in a small package for the win.

Winner-Tyler Black

After the match Kenny King comes in to help Aries, but is jumped by Jerry Lynn. Then Roderick Strong come in and attacks both Aries and Black. It’s craziness!!!!

Credits.

Smartmark
06-08-2010, 08:00 AM
Thanx for posting Travis!