PDA

View Full Version : Evan Dunham Talks About Fighting Team Mate Tyson Griffin At UFC 115

Konan
06-09-2010, 05:15 AM
Source: UFC.com

UFC Lightweight, Evan Dunham has given his thoughts on fighting his Xtreme Couture partner, Tyson Griffin at UFC 115 in Vancouver, Canada.

Speaking via UFC.com, Dunham said:

“Before I signed, I talked to Tyson and told him ‘hey, you stay at Randy’s, you’ve been there longer,’ so that only made sense in my mind, and I hadn’t even moved down to Vegas yet, so I had a lot of things I had to deal with right off the bat, including moving down here full-time. I added a couple weeks to my camp and it turned out to be a 12 week camp, just knowing that it was gonna take a couple weeks to figure out where I’m gonna go and when I’m gonna go and what places I want to spend my time at for each individual part of my game.”

“We both trained with each other and are familiar with each other. I plan on going back to Xtreme after this fight, but it’s not one of these things where Tyson and I have been training partners for five or six years or anything like that. We’ve had lots of battles in the gym and we know each other fairly well stylistically, and there is a bit of the teammate versus teammate stuff, but we haven’t really trained together at all recently, so I’m sure there will be a couple new surprises.”

“That’s what I prepare for in all my fights. With the Aurelio fight and the Escudero fight, I always prepare thinking that I’ve got 15 minutes here and I’ve got to be able to go hard all 15 minutes. It’s really nothing different than what I’m used to. No matter who I’m fighting, I’m ready for that 15 minutes. Anything less is fine, but I’m prepared for it, I’ve been working my ass off, my cardio is at a phenomenal level, and those 15 minutes, I can’t wait till they get here.”

“I think this is an incredible time for the lightweights because there are so many talented guys that deserve shots at the top contender spot, and I think it’s great. You can count on four or five guys that are extremely tough who could also be champions in their own right. Honestly, I just think it’s a dogfight at this point to see who can get in there and outlast the rest.”

“I feel like the UFC could be a good home for me because I’m an exciting fighter, I like to work hard, and I’d like to see how far I can take things. My goal is to be here as long as possible, keep fighting, make a good name for myself within the UFC, and just take it as far as I possibly can. I know if I go out there and compete to my full potential, then things will work out for the better. If they want to give me a shot, I don’t care who it’s against, but I’d love to see Gray get his opportunity because I think he really deserves it.”

Dunham is coming off a submission victory over "Ultimate Fighter" season eight winner, Efrain Escudero. Will he be able to keep up his undefeated streak and get one step closer to championship contention with a victory over his team mate at UFC 115?