PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Kyle: 'I've had death threats'

OMEN
06-09-2010, 09:35 PM
Jeremy Kyle has admitted that he and his family have received death threats due to the controversy which surrounds his ITV talk show.

The outspoken broadcaster made the confession on This Morning today while promoting his new book You Couldn't Make It Up.

Asked whether the negativity he attracts ever affects him, Kyle replied: "I think it did early on. They said, 'You're going to get your own show and it's going to be this and it's going to be that', but you have no idea what's going to happen. We've had death threats. We've had all sorts of things."

The father-of-four, who is married to ex-model Carla Germaine, confirmed that the threats had been directed towards his entire family.

He said: "I remember the very first time, I remember sitting in the house, Carla and I, and our youngest then, Alice, was at nursery and this guy rang and he said, 'There'll be a wreath of roses outside your door'. It was somebody in a call centre - they sussed it all out.

"You say to yourself, it comes with the territory. Those sort of things initially affect you and then not. I absolutely know that everyone is not going to like The Jeremy Kyle Show and Jeremy Kyle."

Kyle's new book - a follow-up to 2009's I'm Only Being Honest - is released tomorrow.

DS