PDA

View Full Version : Fulham sign defender Philippe Senderos from Arsenal

OMEN
06-09-2010, 10:08 PM
Fulham have announced the signing of central defender Philippe Senderos from Arsenal on a three-year contract.

The Switzerland international, 25, joined the Gunners from Servette in 2003 but has only made 54 league starts for the London club.

He spent the 2008/09 season at AC Milan and was also on loan at Everton for the second half of last season.

"I'm delighted to join the club during the most successful period in its history," he told Fulham's website.

Senderos is preparing to travel to South Africa where Switzerland are in Group H alongside Spain, Chile and Honduras.

"I will be looking forward to meeting up with my new teammates and of course, Roy Hodgson, a manager I respect very much, shortly after the World Cup," added Senderos."I very much hope that I can contribute over the next few seasons and that the club goes on to achieve more success."

Senderos is manager Roy Hodgson's first summer signing and he is delighted to welcome the player to Craven Cottage.

"Philippe is a player that I have admired for a very long time since he captained Switzerland to the Uefa Under-17 championship in 2002," said Hodgson.

"He is a strong defender who has great aerial presence at both ends of the field and has a superb work ethic which is a vital component for any team's success. I am very much looking forward to working with him next season."

BBC

Kenpachi Zaraki
06-30-2010, 06:10 PM
didn't know of this. Gallas and Campbell and Silvestre are out of contracts we need atleast 2 good CBs if Gallas and Sol don't re-sign