PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band 3 keyboard revealed by USA Today

DA
06-10-2010, 03:27 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/dcx85d.jpg

Details have been pretty scant on Rock Band 3 so far, despite the best efforts of some. That all changes today as USA Today dishes on the game's 25-key piano peripheral, some of the new features and even a partial song list, which we've got after the jump (Smash Mouth, guys? Ballsy.) along with some on-video ivory tickling.

USA Today also fleshed out the "Pro" mode Ars Technica had the scoop on last month. As expected, the mode will endeavor to teach actual musical technique, either with the new keyboard, a three-cymbal upgrade for the drum kit or a hybrid controller/"full-sized, fully functional six-string Squier Stratocaster" made by Fender. Mad Catz is making a miniature Fender Mustang Pro controller for the mode too, but we're not going to miss the chance to play on instruments that don't make us look like sweaty giants.

Joystiq

JohnCenaFan28
06-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Guess I can actually do something other than sing in RB now.

DA
06-10-2010, 07:41 PM
^^lol, you only sing?

Big Evil
06-10-2010, 11:53 PM
Sounds cool to have a full-size Strat to play on... might have to pick this up as well.

JohnCenaFan28
06-11-2010, 06:09 PM
I can guitar and drum on easy only but I sing on expert, so yeah, that's all I do so I can fit with everyone else who does it on expert.

DA
06-11-2010, 06:21 PM
^^I'd need you cuz I can't do two things on expert at the same time :P