PDA

View Full Version : Bryan Danielson Release Thread

Kellie
06-12-2010, 08:18 AM
WWE posted the following on their website tonight, announcing the release of NXT's Daniel Bryan. Stay tuned for more...

WWE has come to terms on the release of NXT first season rookie Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson) as of today June 11, 2010. We wish Daniel Bryan the best in all future endeavors.

Kellie
06-12-2010, 08:18 AM
There is a lot of speculation right now regarding the WWE release of Bryan Danielson and if it's true or not. There has been some talk that it's a storyline and that "Daniel Bryan" will be returning as Bryan Danielson. It's interesting to note that WWE used both of his names in the release announcement and this would be the first time that they've used the website to announce a fake release.

Around the time that WWE announced it on their website last night, Danielson changed his Twitter username, dropped the WWE references on his page and wrote the following:

"Just changed my twitter name to Bryan Danielson. The winds of change are stirring."

We hope to have more information soon.

IW

Kellie
06-12-2010, 08:19 AM
Word has been sent out within WWE that the release of Daniel Bryan is legit.

Higher-ups, including execs Donna Goldsmith and Michelle Wilson, in the company were informed of his departure before the news item was posted on WWE's website tonight.

It's still possible that this is all a part of WWE "going out of the norm" and it's a big storyline but it's hard to believe that they would work the storyline on higher-ups in the company.

Stay tuned for more.

IW

John
06-12-2010, 08:25 AM
The people who needed to know were told that Bryan Danielson was fired for choking ring announcer Justin Roberts with his tie during the angle on Monday night.# That shot was edited from replays of the show.# It's not known why this would lead to someone getting fired and from all accounts, Danielson was described as the type of person you want a dressing room filled with. The choking with a tie was described as being too violent for what is allowed on WWE television.

PWS

The Mac
06-12-2010, 08:29 AM
omg that is ridicouls he was a focal point of the whole nxt invasion
and now they fire him... and they barely showed him choking him life
anyways danielson will be better back in roh anyway but still another case
of wwe dropping the ball.... and dropping a lot of fans

Black Widow
06-12-2010, 09:15 AM
bryan was the most talented of all the NXT guys if hes really released its gonna suck

Konan
06-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Credit: F4WOnline.com

According to Dave Meltzer, the "people that needed to know" were told that Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson) was fired for choking ring announcer Justin Roberts with his own tie during the NXT invasion angle on RAW this past Monday.

The shot was edited from some replays of the angle and was described as being too violent for what WWE allows on it’s programming.

Word is that someone very important complained to WWE officials about the angle with the idea that kids who were watching may think it’s fun to choke people with their ties. It’s unknown who actually complained but it had to be someone with a lot of power.

Bryan is being described as a scapegoat. WWE does want to bring him back to the roster once the whole thing blows over.

Danielson was described as the type of person you would want your locker room filled with.

Konan
06-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Gun shots are heard as a firing squad opens fire on this poster to put him out of his misery*

DUKE NUKEM
06-12-2010, 06:31 PM
^lol, thanks for the update Kellie

DUKE NUKEM
06-12-2010, 06:32 PM
thanks for the post Konan

Kage
06-12-2010, 06:56 PM
What the hell.... He was the best out of all the NXT guys.. Seriously...

Kage
06-12-2010, 06:57 PM
It is fun to choke people with their ties.

John
06-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

As noted before, the reason being told for Daniel Bryan's release is because of him choking Justin Roberts with his own tie during the NXT invasion angle on RAW.

Word is that someone very important complained to WWE officials about the angle with the idea that kids who were watching may think it's fun to choke people with their ties. It's unknown who actually complained but it had to be someone with a lot of power within the company or TV network.

Bryan is being described as a scapegoat by many. It should be noted that Heath Slater nearly did the same thing to John Cena with the ring ropes during the same angle on RAW last week. Randy Orton was also bashed with a door by Edge several weeks ago.

According to a source, WWE does want to bring him back to the roster once the whole thing blows over. We'll keep you posted here on the website.

On a side note, it's highly amusing to read some of the comments posted below on these Bryan Danielson posts. Some of you fans are just so smart.... or think you are! :) Relax, just playing! Have a good weekend guys.

Smartmark
06-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Releasing one of the greatest technical wrestlers of today, while Jack Swagger and John Cena are World Champions? :no:

Black Widow
06-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Former WWE star Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson, the name we'll have to get used to calling him by again) was released today as punishment for going beyond the company's PG standards and practices during the NXT invasion angle on Monday, according to sources within the company. The belief among those I spoke to is that when Danielson choked Justin Roberts with his tie, he broke a company protocol that was put in place after the Benoit tragedy that talents were not to use ropes or objects to choke opponents.

I am told that the final decision was made earlier today and Danielson was informed shortly before the company publicly announced it. For those who are thinking this is an angle, I am told by everyone I have spoken to that it is not, although I want to point out a number of wrestlers in the company do believe it is a work.

For those who are wondering why the company is giving Danielson such a harsh punishment, well a former company executive is running for office, although how much of a cause and effect is there is anyone's guess. It's certainly a viable theory, since the company has been very gun shy about going outside of their PG rating.

There's no word as to whether Danielson was aware of the protocol at the time of the angle, although the Roberts choking was one of the elements that made the end of Raw so memorable. It's interesting to note that at least on the company's Youtube.com channel, the incident, including the choke, are still available for viewing.

The loss of Danielson will immediately change the future of the WWE NXT angle since he was considered the most versatile and well rounded performer of the group and would have been extremely important in carry the brunt of the in-ring work load.

The release of Danielson does put him in an amazing position on the independent scene. How many top flight stars get signed, leave, and get released right after laying out the WWE champion?

We'll have more on this as it develops.

PWI

Smartmark
06-12-2010, 08:38 PM
Thanx for posting!

Black Widow
06-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Former WWE star Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson, the name we'll have to get used to calling him by again) was released today as punishment for going beyond the company's PG standards and practices during the NXT invasion angle on Monday, according to sources within the company. The belief among those I spoke to is that when Danielson choked Justin Roberts with his tie, he broke a company protocol that was put in place after the Benoit tragedy that talents were not to use ropes or objects to choke opponents.

If you look back at the tape some othe NXT guy used the ropes to choke John Cena, now tell me were was his punishment. Why wasnt he released too?

Smartmark
06-12-2010, 09:00 PM
That's a stupid rule! Jiizes christ!

Punisher
06-12-2010, 09:02 PM
this is pure nonsense, by far one the best NXT guy

Staynes
06-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Cause Cena is an Wrestler not an Ring Announcer ofc. its stupid but the Choke from danielson rly looked brutal not that i have anything against that..

Smartmark
06-12-2010, 09:08 PM
I wonder what Danielson will be doing now. Will he jump to TNA or will he go back to ROH? :think:

Staynes
06-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Hm i dont think he will go to TNA when WWE is rly trying to get him back then he will be better off doing indys for now w/o a Contract so he can go right back and make big Money..

deadmanwalkin
06-12-2010, 09:21 PM
thats fucking stupid

but imagine him going to tna and teaming up with nigel"desmonde wolfe"mcguiness

ZOMG AMAZINGNESS

BEST TAG TEAM EVER haha

The Mac
06-12-2010, 09:25 PM
and the guy that choked cena didnt really he rought the rope in put it on cena
but he didnt actually choke him... but cmon that choke was one of the big moments of raw
and he was goona carry the team this is stupid

Black Widow
06-12-2010, 09:36 PM
thats fucking stupid

but imagine him going to tna and teaming up with nigel"desmonde wolfe"mcguiness

ZOMG AMAZINGNESS

BEST TAG TEAM EVER haha

now thats a tag team

Y0UR Messiah
06-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Once again, WWE doing something great followed by something completely stupid. I'm slowly beginning to hate the fucking WWE more and more each day..

Travicity
06-12-2010, 11:04 PM
That's so awesome and he was the most talented one in the WWE lol omg TNA next? This is awesome.

Smartmark
06-12-2010, 11:47 PM
^^ :evil:

ArJay
06-13-2010, 12:54 AM
Come one people, this is clearly a work. It may be the first time they've posted a worked "firing" on WWE.com, but still. They always, always post firings on their corporate site (IE the Out of Character site whereas WWE.com is IC) and they have not posted the firing of Danielson there. Reason being, if he's truly not fired, they would be lying to their shareholders, and that's a big no-no.

Kage
06-13-2010, 01:12 AM
^^I didn't see that, but what made me think that he is really gone is the fact that Wwe.com isn't making a big deal about it. I think if it were a work it would be all over the front page of Wwe.com not just in the tiny news section at the bottom of the page. If it is a work, they're doing a damn good job of it.

ArJay
06-13-2010, 01:15 AM
The reason I feel it's not all over WWE.com is because, kayfabe-wise, he wasn't a contracted wrestler. He didn't win NXT, therefore he's not a member of the WWE roster.

Kage
06-13-2010, 01:22 AM
Then why even release him if he wasn't under contract to begin with? I know that if this is a storyline it makes perfect sense to use Danielson because he is the IWC's boy, but kayfabe wise, this just doesn't make sense. Like you said he 'wasn't' under contract to begin with, so why would they post a fake story about him being released from a company he 'doesn't' work for in the first place?

ArJay
06-13-2010, 01:30 AM
Then why even release him if he wasn't under contract to begin with? I know that if this is a storyline it makes perfect sense to use Danielson because he is the IWC's boy, but kayfabe wise, this just doesn't make sense. Like you said he 'wasn't' under contract to begin with, so why would they post a fake story about him being released from a company he 'doesn't' work for in the first place?

To throw off the smarks in the IWC. They did it, for this very thread, and what's happening in it. The IWC is buzzing right now over this. Vince will look like a genius if this is truly all a work. I mean, now this is an unlikely scenario, but let's say this happens. Monday Night, they briefly talk about the angle, but nothing conclusive either way to give away whether or not Danielson is still under contract. Meanwhile, Orton states that due to Edge's attack, he can no longer compete at Fatal Fourway. Barrett steps in, and cashes his title shot to take Orton's place. Then, at F4, the recently fired Danielson makes an appearance (hell maybe even with his mask ala AmDrag) and helps Barrett win the WWE championship in his first ever PPV match. That would be insane, and really make this whole thing worth it. Now, again, this is probably not going to happen, but it's once case where this being a work makes perfect sense.

Kage
06-13-2010, 01:33 AM
I suppose that could be what they are going for, but it seems like a streach to me at this point.

Konan
06-13-2010, 06:29 AM
Relax guys, Daniel Bryan got released, not Bryan Danielson. Mark my words, he'll show back up on WWE programming as Bryan Danielson.

Smartmark
06-13-2010, 03:34 PM
^^ :think:

chris jericho is wwe
06-13-2010, 06:39 PM
I dont get how all of u guys are sayin bryan is best nxt rookie when wade barett will be 10 times better then him.

John
06-13-2010, 08:27 PM
- Word is that someone outside of WWE with a lot of power made a complaint to Vince McMahon about Bryan choking Justin Roberts with his own tie on RAW because a scene like that was too violent for WWE. The belief among some if that in that incident, Bryan broke a company protocol that was put in place after the Chris Benoit tragedy that no talents were to use ropes or other objects to choke opponents. Obviously this has been done other times since the Benoit tragedy but the feeling is that it was this particular angle with Bryan and Roberts that got someone powerful enough to complain.

The footage of Bryan choking Roberts was edited off replays as was the footage of him spitting on John Cena. As of late last night, the footage of Bryan choking Roberts was still on WWE's YouTube page but it has since been removed.

Who exactly made the complaint isn't known yet but it had to be someone with a lot of influence to get a name like Danielson released. There's speculation that it could be anyone from Mattel to people in Linda McMahon's Senate campaign. Vince McMahon called WWE's partnership with Mattel a game-changer and it's possible that we're really seeing Mattel's influence now. It's important to note that Mattel making the complaint is not confirmed.

Source: WR

Smartmark
06-13-2010, 09:36 PM
I dont get how all of u guys are sayin bryan is best nxt rookie when wade barett will be 10 times better then him.

Calling Danielson a rookie in the first place is a disgrace. And Wade will never be half the wrestler that Danielson is.

chris jericho is wwe
06-13-2010, 09:46 PM
Calling Danielson a rookie in the first place is a disgrace. And Wade will never be half the wrestler that Danielson is.

well he is overrated IMO and first off he was a nxt rookie while in wwe so relax and wade barrett is way better then him. and i mean its not like he can be the best in wwe i just think wwe wont let him since cena does not like him.

Travicity
06-13-2010, 11:42 PM
Not overated at all lol. Wade isnt in Bryan's league. Danielson's in the top 5 wrestlers in the world. They even took Bryan out of it to him in something else. Just WWE dosent use actual talent to there full capacity.

chris jericho is wwe
06-14-2010, 12:06 AM
Not overated at all lol. Wade isnt in Bryan's league. Danielson's in the top 5 wrestlers in the world. They even took Bryan out of it to him in something else. Just WWE dosent use actual talent to there full capacity.

Well first off he is no where near top 5 in the world are you crazy angle wolfe kaz rvd jeff hardy chris jericho orton edge Cmpunk ETC and at the end off the day he is gone from wwe and wade will rise to the top.

deadmanwalkin
06-14-2010, 01:10 AM
you my friend are wrong

danielson and nigel "desmonde wolfe" mcguiness are 2 of the best wrestlers in the world

all the ones you named arent

kurt angle is up there yes all the others you mentioned from wwe are not they may be some of the best "wrestling entertainers" in the world but bryan could out wrestle any of them in his sleep guarnteed

and its no suprise that u would say cm punk but not gonna lie he is also up there not the best but up there in that list

wade barret is a joke he is just a glorified big man and thats all he will ever be

chris jericho is wwe
06-14-2010, 01:53 AM
you my friend are wrong

danielson and nigel "desmonde wolfe" mcguiness are 2 of the best wrestlers in the world

all the ones you named arent

kurt angle is up there yes all the others you mentioned from wwe are not they may be some of the best "wrestling entertainers" in the world but bryan could out wrestle any of them in his sleep guarnteed

and its no suprise that u would say cm punk but not gonna lie he is also up there not the best but up there in that list

wade barret is a joke he is just a glorified big man and thats all he will ever be\

first of my friend i love wolfe i just think bryan is overrated what he did in roh was great but besides what he did in that company he is a noboady.

deadmanwalkin
06-14-2010, 03:16 AM
well we can agree on one thing

wolfe is awesome as much as i dont watch tna i just know hes amazing

Konan
06-14-2010, 07:43 PM
with further cena and all other comments to bring him back i'm sceptical, as I'm sure many people are.

The WWE.com headline says they've release Daniel Bryan -WWE name - with Bryan Danielson - Real name - in brackets. Which is how they usually word it when somebody is released. Looks to me like Daniel Bryan has been released by the company but Bryan Danielson is going to be hired.