PDA

View Full Version : Favorite WCW Memory

F4L
08-03-2006, 07:31 AM
My thoughts were that I was a HUGE WCW fan back in the day. Iw ould never miss a Nitro, Thunder, or a PPV. When the nWo was at its peak, there was never a better storyline in wrestling, and there maybe never will be a storyline as good as that. With both nWo Hollywood, and nWo Wolfpac, and Sting, Goldberg, Bret Hart, Benoit, Sid, 4 Horsemen, and The Cruiserweight division, WCW had it all. I was devastated when they were bought out by WCW. How many of you were diehard WCW fans, and if so what was your favorite WCW memory.

Mine was Kevin Nash defeating Goldberg and ending Goldberg's 173-0 streak. I hated Goldberg with a strong passion at this time and Nash was a great choice for champion.

A memorable moment, not my favorite, was when Goldberg defeated Hogan in front of his home crowd of 40,000 in Atlanta, Georgia. That was a classic wrestling moment, also.

Please, share your thoughs/memories.

Ethan Hunt
08-03-2006, 08:36 AM
Mine is Bigshow's first match where he defeated Hogan.

I hate Goldberg and whatever he does! LoL

supercarbide
08-03-2006, 10:46 AM
when sting appeared amongst the nWo and revealed he was wolfpac

CanadianDestroyer
08-03-2006, 05:19 PM
any of Mike Sanders' promos

scorpionf
08-05-2006, 10:50 AM
When Sting repelled into the ring from a helicopter

Starrcade 97, Sting vs Hogan

When the NWO was formed

3 Count vs Jung Dragons - they had some awesome matches

Kanyon vs DDP and the "Positively Kanyon" angle

The 3 tiered cage (that was cool)

bad_meetz_evil
08-05-2006, 11:34 AM
The birth of the nWo at bash at the beach.

Curt Henning immitating Arn Anderson's retirement speech.

The return of the 4 Horsemen after Flair got sued by WCW.

The nWo Vs Horsemen war games.

Hogan Vs Kevin Nash for the world title, which lasted less than a minute where Hogan just poked Nash and he fell to the ground. Halarious.

Thats all I can think of now.

Slim
08-05-2006, 02:18 PM
The Finger poke of doom

Hogan finally going heel, Hollywood Hogan is the only time I ever liked Hogan

Eddie/Rey from Halloween Havoc. I actually have not seen a more perfectly done match than that.

Stunner
08-05-2006, 02:30 PM
The many times Sting came down from the ceiling to kick some nWo ass to help out others. Classic moments that gave me goose bumps,lol

Still 2nd Place
08-05-2006, 04:16 PM
Liger vs Pillman Superbrawl II

Chris Benoit vs. Dean Malenko Hog Wild 96

Vader vs. Cactus Jack Halloween Havoc 93

Chris Benoit/Dean Malenko vs. Raven/Perry Saturn Spring Stampede 99

Psychosis vs. Rey Mysterio, Jr. – Bash at the Beach ’96

Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Eddy Guerrero Halloween Havoc 97

Chris Beniot vs. Bret Hart Nitro

Dean Malenko vs. Curt Hennig Fall Brawl 98

Triple Cage Match Jeff Jarrett vs. David Arquette vs. DDP - Not the match but the cage was great and I wish we would have got to see it more it really was a great idea

Ladder Match: 3 Count vs. Jung Dragons vs. Evan Karagias and Jamie Noble Starrcade 00

I also liked the Hogan going to the nWo as that was moment that will always be in are heads it was the night the mega face went mega heel

Also anything with RaVen is going to be on my list I loved him and the Flock I thought it was a great group and lead by one of the best men on the mic ever

and any early CW matchs they made WCW feel so great and always where the best match on the card it was the X-Division of that time

jefficeman
08-21-2006, 10:17 PM
The Final Match On Wcw Ric Flair Vs Sting And How It Ended With Them Embracing One Another After All There Bitter Matches Over The Years

XXKSXX
08-21-2006, 11:03 PM
I would have to say my best memory of WCW is the night Scott Hall walked out of the crowd and that was the start of the NWO one of my alltime fav. things to happen in wrestling. I will never forget that and I rewatch that stuff just cause I loved the NWO so much.

bigdaddybaughman
08-24-2006, 03:13 AM
sting vs hogan starcade '97
sting sending the vaulture to the ring from the rafters
rey beating the gaint and beating nash

ajs
08-26-2006, 09:04 PM
2many But...the Nwo!!!!!!!!!!!buff...big Poppa Pump...jeff Jarrett...goldberg...beniot....lion Heart Chris Jerico...the 4 Horseman...and Last But Not Least...the Old Wcw/nwa...dusty Rhodes,magnum Ta...nIkita Koloff...road Warriors...ect...ect...ect...if Eric Bischoff Would Of Gotten The Finance BaCking Wcw Would Be Here & Wwe ????maybe!!!:dunno:

chris14
08-29-2006, 01:24 PM
seeing torrie wilson strip naked on the stage on nitro was pretty good

ClayMation
08-31-2006, 05:33 PM
My favs were:

-- Sting's first match back at Starrcade
-- Goldberg beating Hogan on Nitro for the title
-- The "orginal" nWo....Hall Nash Hogan

GDTennis
09-08-2006, 05:43 AM
Hogan and savage v all those guys in the three tiered cage