PDA

View Full Version : Is 'X Factor' only for the young and beautiful?

John
06-18-2010, 07:30 PM
Some 'X Factor' fans have complained that average-looking people were deliberately kept out of camera view during the show's auditions at Birmingham's LG Arena this week.

They claim that only attractive people were allowed to sit behind judges Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh, Cheryl Cole and Natalie Imbruglia, as they were told by security staff. The Sun reports that only a handful of good-looking people were picked for the front row, while other members of the audience – some of whom had been queuing for hours in a bid to sit at the front – were forced to sit elsewhere.

A fan going under the name of GirlsAloudMedia complained on Twitter: "i queued from 2am first ones there, saw ppl getting took out the queue in the day and we ended up 15 rows behind everyone!" She added: "LG security said it was pretty people and that it was all run by ‘X Factor’ so they couldn't stop it."

Another Twitter user called oneofthosefaces wrote: "Just got pulled out the queue because we're young and really, really ridiculously good looking so we get to sit by the judges."

Alex, another fan, commented: "It's an absolute joke! I went yesterday, they pick attractive people to sit at the front, regardless of priority or where they are in the queue. I was so gutted when I was in my seat, I had tears in my eyes."