PDA

View Full Version : Umaga, and the resons why I like him. ( have started lately )

Ethan Hunt
08-03-2006, 08:37 PM
Well i have been thinking of doing some sort of thread about Umaga for a while,but havent done it. I'm going to state the reasons why i like him and ask for your opinions on Umaga and i don't want replies like "OmGz He Is An A$$". I would like people who actually have an opinion on it.

Right one of Umaga's best attributes is his in ring skills, I think they really suit his gimmick and i love the way once he gets going his moves flow from one move to another.

His moves are very underrated i mean the one were he runs from one side of the ring to hit the man sitting in the corner, looks very painfull and would hurt anyone. All you have to do is watch the head snap back. Recently he has also been doing the throw slam thing which for me looks like a good 2nd finisher. Ino the Samoan spike isn't the best finisher in the WWE but by god it fits the gimmick greatly.

I'm guessing that most people will say that Umaga is bad because he doesn't have any mic skills and doesn't say much, but i have to say that i think him not talking and just speaking in Samoan(Or whatever he says), Does him justice and shows that he is a monster.

He has a great manager who can do the talking for him, Someone who i really like on the mic, The rolling of the R's are funny as hell and with the crowd copying him really shows how over he is becoming. He also has a link with Umaga like when he calls for the Samoan Spike with the snapping of the Cigar.

His Gimmick is also potentially good and ino it has been done with the likes of Kamala, Who was really comic and not serious and Rikishi was similar but was no were near as good as Umaga in the ring, Ino Kamala had a manager who could do his mic work for him but i dont think he would touch AAE when it comes to work on the stick. Aswell Rikishi didn't have good mic skills and droned alot.

What i think is good is the way the WWE are building him up as a monster and having an undefeated streak(Yes like Samoa Joe) and having him go over talents like Cena, HBK and maybe even HHH next week.

Umaga looks like he is going to have a bright future and i think he will reach the top and become a superstar. Possibly getting that Mainevent push by the end of this year.

Your Thoughts?

Spawn
08-03-2006, 08:47 PM
well, they are awfully pushing him alot. he is starting to face some big names, HHH next Monday will be the biggest challenge for him. I am looking forward to that match,I also love the gimmick of the manager. It will take some time for him to be a great in the biz, When u say the name HHH u automatically think a great in the biz, HHH name has an aura about it cause when u say it u think of a main eventer. Thats what they are trying to accomplish with umaga, Give him a couple years and he will have improved and be more of a main eventer. He has a long ways to go still but like u said he will be a great in the biz.

Abhishek_Divekar
08-03-2006, 09:02 PM
well, they are awfully pushing him alot. he is starting to face some big names, HHH next Monday will be the biggest challenge for him. I am looking forward to that match,I also love the gimmick of the manager. It will take some time for him to be a great in the biz, When u say the name HHH u automatically think a great in the biz, HHH name has an aura about it cause when u say it u think of a main eventer. Thats what they are trying to accomplish with umaga, Give him a couple years and he will have improved and be more of a main eventer. He has a long ways to go still but like u said he will be a great in the biz.

Agree with u man completely

The Lost Soul 13
08-03-2006, 09:12 PM
I think there is something very unique with Umaga not having any mic skills other than in his samoan tongue. I started watching wrestling in the late 80's when this was a great deal more common so it is refreshing to see. All of Umaga's moves do have a certain pain staking horror so that is also a plus. His moves do flow from one into the next which then goes into the next so it is a very unique style of chain wrestling, but chain wrestling none the less. Furthermore I don't see the gimmick as being comparable to anything that has been done in recent memory. Rikishi was mentioned and the only time where he executed this gimmick was with Samu when Rikishi was plain old Fatu in the Headshrinkers.

Dubbz4president
08-04-2006, 05:06 AM
UMAGA IS AWSOME, you made good points as well. Check the sig.
I'm Umaga's number 1 fan

Ethan Hunt
08-08-2006, 05:52 AM
^ the thread was just for you! am no kidding

Cage
08-08-2006, 05:35 PM
I agree with everything you said and I think with a few more moves added to his moveset and he'll easily pull off PPV Quality matches each time. I love the elevated samoan drop and it helps when you have HBK to sell it.

I agree 100%, I couldn't add to what you said.

Ethan Hunt
08-08-2006, 06:04 PM
^ that make me a mod over here ( this section ) LoL.