PDA

View Full Version : A Thread for all those WCW Fans...

Abhishek_Divekar
08-03-2006, 09:06 PM
This is a thread for all the WCW Fans out there. Whether you're a fan of the Old Georgia Championship Era, or the Crockett Promotion, or WCW under Bischoff. I was a fan starting in late 1995 under the Bischoff Era. It doesn't matter what Era WCW Fans grew under, it all was great. Sure there were flaws, but to me, WCW was very special. I absolutely marked out for it more so than WWF in the 90s, and when it was cut asunder in 2001, that was the year I had given up on Wrestling, solely because of that reason. It wasn't until late 2004 that I had found a love for Pro Wrestling once again. I want to know what all other WCW Fans, or who were WCW Fans before it folded, and why they liked the promotion more so than the WWF, or ECW for that matter. WCW was to me, one of the most innovative organizations of its time. You could say The Attitude Era, and ECW influenced it, but no matter what, you can't take the credibility away where it is deserved.

You could say that WCW always wanted to find ways to humiliate its competition, but its a business. It was a matter of Survival, and Promotions had to do what they had to do. WCW had some of my all time favorites. Sting, Ric Flair, Goldberg, DDP, Scott Steiner, Eddie Guerrero, Hulk Hogan, Macho Man Randy Savage, and many others. War Games, Starrcade, World War 3, Triple Cage(even though it was influenced by a film), Torch, and everything else. The storylines were great, and although they got repetitive, the product still delivered. The Cruiserweight Action was at its best. WCW knew how to use its Cruiserweight Division. The Main Event Scene had a bundle of Dream matches and Atmosphere to them, and even though they weren't the best, they were still entertaining.

The Midcard was full of unrecognized talent that would be propelled to stardom in WWE, but it was still there. I want to know how other WCW Fans feel of the deceased promotion, that has undergone so much biased criticism, so much tenacity from its opponents, and ultimately, the fans disapproval. Why aren't WCW Fans given any treatment? Is this a punishment, or what? Please, feel free to discuss.

Ethan Hunt
08-04-2006, 05:00 AM
i didntnot understand the purpose of this thread