PDA

View Full Version : Prince Nana on Striker, Embassy and More.

Travicity
07-04-2010, 01:29 AM
The state of The Embassy & the group's future in Ring of Honor: "People have been writing online saying that 'You guys are hokey-pokey' and that we look like some kind of stepping stone for wrestlers in the wrestling business. But when you are putting pieces of the puzzle together, when you are dealing with large corporations, and when you are dealing with money, I have to move forward. Joey Ryan is going to be back in the fold, but you gotta remember that we have a tag team in Necro Butcher & Erick Stevens. So, The Kings of Wrestling (ROH Tag Team Champions); it's a great feat for my good friend & associate Claudio Castagnoli to have the Tag Team Titles, but he also has to look over his back. And not only does he have to look over his back, but so does that loser Tyler Black."

Nana's background as a wrestler, his early days with Ring of Honor, & how that together has shaped him in being a manager today: "The #1 reason is that I'm a wrestler. I am a trained wrestler from Johnny Rodz, and it's really about getting in that ring and bossing them around. You have to back at the history of Prince Nana and forget about Ring of Honor for a second. When you're talking about Prince Nana, you're talking about 1999 & 2000, when I was having matches with Xavier (the second-ever Ring of Honor World Champion), and then with Low Ki. I was in the ring
taking the bumps, getting the bruises. A lot of people haven't done it, not saying they won't do it, but they haven't done it yet. You have to get in that ring, you have to take the bumps, and you have to know what it is that your guy is going through."

Being referenced on-air by Matt Striker during Kofi Kingston match on WWE's Friday Night SmackDown on May 7th: "Matt Striker definitely came at me with a sign of respect. He knows, and everybody else knows the history; so like I said, I control the environment. Things happen for a reason. Am I happy they name dropped me? We could go have a party, just like we had a party the other day when Ghana busted the U.S. Matt Striker, my hat's off to that guy. I think it was a sign of respect.