http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/7648/1ian.jpg

Interview / Profile Questions

Height: 6'4"
Weight 230 lbs
Hometown: West Springfield, MA

(Billed from: Berkley, CA)

Years as a Pro: 3 Years

Promotions: UWD, CTWE, T3WP, UFO, WCWA and PWA

Q: When did you become a wrestling fan and how?

IG: I was 11 or 12 when I first became a fan. I was flipping thru the channels and saw RAW on the USA network. It was the episode were Austin throws The Rock’s IC title into the Detroit river. I was hooked from that point on.

Q: Where did you grow up?

IG: For the first 15 years of my life, I lived in West Hartford, CT. In 2001, I moved up to West Springfield, MA and have been here for the last 9 years.

Q: Who were your favorites growing up?

IG: My favorite wrestler growing up and still to this day is Shawn Michaels. My other favorites were Austin, The Rock, Ric Flair, Raven, Triple H, Undertaker, Edge & Christian and Ricky Steamboat.

Q: Did you attend wrestling shows when you were a kid?

IG: Yes. I attended at least 6 shows in both CT and MA, WWE shows and indy shows. My favorite was a house show in Hartford in November 2001. The main event was Austin vs. The Rock. Great time even though I had the flu.

Q: First impressions of the business when you were training?

IG: It’s a lot harder than you think. For the first couple weeks, I was sore as hell everyday, but I wanted this so bad so it didn't matter. Also, I never realized how much goes into making a match and how little I really knew about the art of wrestling.

Q: How has life been on the Independent Scene?

IG: No words can describe how much fun I'm having living my dream. I’ve met so many people and have made so many friends doing what I love and its just going to get better.

Q: Who are some of the notable names you have wrestled?

IG: I was actually Josef Von Schmidt's first opponent (MWF in Boston) and now he is wrestling all over the place and featured in wrestling magazines. I also wrestled on the same show with names like Bryan Danielson and Colt Cabana (CTWE).

Q: What are your future plans?

IG: My plans are to get better at what I do, get more bookings and maybe one day Ill be wrestling in one of the big 3 promotions (WWE, TNA, ROH). Only time will tell.

- Ian Griffin’s next match will be for Pro Wrestling America on 7/8/10 at the GLO Night Club in Waterville, ME with a 9:00 PM Bell Time

- Ian Griffin will also be wrestling for the CTWE promotion on 8/21/10 at Bethany Town Hall on 40 Peck Road in Bethany, CT.

Smartmark
07-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Thanx for posting Travis!

Good read!