PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlers smack down Lachey

OMEN
08-05-2006, 01:24 PM
http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5206659,00.jpg
Tackled ... Nick Lachey has arrived in Australia
FORMER boy band and reality TV star Nick Lachey was besieged by autograph hunters when he landed at Melbourne Airport today to promote his new album What's Left of Me.
Lachey, better known as the former spouse of pop diva Jessica Simpson, said he was surprised by the welcome.

But he was not as surprised as the 50-plus autograph hunters who had been waiting at the airport since early morning for World Wrestling Entertainment stars, Ric Flair, the Edge and raw John Cena.

"Is that why they're here," Lachey said after posing with the group.

Lachey, while not a wrestling fan himself, is a fan and friend of The Edge (Adam Copeland).

"I didn't know Adam was coming," he said.

Relaxed and casual in a red satin tracksuit, black jacket and trademark cap, Lachey told reporters he was concentrating on his music for the moment and had no plans for another reality TV show.

"I will do some more TV but it will be the scripted variety," he said.

Lachey, a former member of boy band 98 Degrees, and Simpson starred in reality series The Newlyweds, which followed the first 18 months of their marriage.

The couple split in November 2005 and finalised their divorce last month.

Lachey is now reported to be dating MTV host Vanessa Minnillo, who will not accompany him on his Australian tour.

"I haven't been here for six years so I didn't know what to expect when I got off the plane, this is an awesome response," Lachey said as the wrestling fans and other onlookers flocked around him.

Lachey will spend the first four days of his week-long Australian tour in Melbourne where he will perform live on the Channel 7's It Takes Two final tomorrow night and Rove Live on Channel 10on Tuesday night.

Sony BMG publicity spokeswoman Fiona Opai said the singer would appear on a couple of radio spots before going to Sydney where his diary includes a boat cruise with the winner of a 2DAY FM competition.

"I'm not sure exactly what's planned, but lots of work I think," Lachey said when asked about his trip.

"We're going to wing it while we're here, but I am a big (American) football fan so we may get down to see an (AFL) match."

Meanwhile WWE fans Shane and Mark Simons were part of the large crowd of WWE fans who swamped Lachey when he arrived.

"He seems okay," Shane said.

"But we're not here to see Nick Lachey - we really want to see the wrestlers."

The WWE stars are in Melbourne for the World Wrestling Event's Raw's SummerSlam Tour at the Rod Laver Arena tonight.

News AU

Kaz
08-05-2006, 01:40 PM
Hahah sucker!

scorpionf
08-05-2006, 03:31 PM
Did he really think so many would be waiting for him?!?! :laugh: