PDA

View Full Version : EVOLVE News Danielson and Why *** Will Win.

Travicity
07-14-2010, 12:39 AM
Bryan Danielson Picks...
July 12th

Bryan Danielson has watched the first three EVOLVE events on DVD and has considered several possible opponents for the July 23rd event in Rahway, NJ. After much deliberation, Danielson has chosen Bobby Fish. "EVOLVE 4: Danielson vs. Fish" is now official. This is a very interesting choice for several reasons.

First of all, Fish enters the match with a 0-3 Record. It seems hardly fitting that a wrestler with no wins headlines such an important show against "The Best Wrestler In The World."

"Those are just numbers," Danielson told us. "Did you see the matches? Did you see the fight that Bobby Fish brought in those matches? He caught my attention with the Kyle O'Reilly match. Then he took on two of the biggest, toughest, most skilled athletes in all of independent wrestling in Claudio Castagnoli and Chris Hero and he could have easily won either match. He took their best shots and kept coming back. That is why I want to fight him myself."

The toughness that Fish has shown has particularly impressed Danielson. In fact, the former Daniel Bryan considers Fish to be his toughest possible opponent.

"I think we match up very evenly." Danielson said. "He can take a shot and he can dish one out. He proved that. He has that one quality I really look for. That one thing that separates the great ones from the best. He is hungry. He doesn't just want to win, he needs to win. I know he's going to give me the fight of my life. That's what gets my adrenaline going."

The final factor for Danielson is that he has had the opportunity to team with Fish in Pro Wrestling NOAH. The two became familiar with each other. They know each other's skills. However, they have never had a chance to fight each other. Now Danielson wants to step in the ring against Fish.

"It's going to be a war," Danielson said. "This is what it's all about. This is why we step into the ring. We love a good fight and that's what you'll see on July 23rd."
----------------
Drake Younger (1-0) vs. Akira Tozawa (0-0) has been signed for EVOLVE 4 on July 23rd at the Ace Arena in Union, NJ. This is a collision of two hard-hitters, known for their suplexes and high impact moves. Younger is coming off a big victory in his EVOLVE debut. Tozawa wants to go undefeated. Here is a quick preview:

Why Drake Younger Will Win:

He has made it known that he is in EVOLVE for the long haul. He has already started out 1-0, and now another win will really give him momentum and put him on the brink of entering the Leader categories. His pure toughness and ability to absorb punishment will make it difficult for Tozawa to gain a victory. His potent offense, including the Drake's Landing, can lead him to victory over anyone in the world.

Why Akira Tozawa Will Win:

He is on an extended stay in the United States and needs to be successful during his time here in order to be a star when he returns to Japan. This means that he needs victories and a good Record in EVOLVE. Tozawa can counter Younger's offense with high-impact moves of his own, including an incredible deadlift German suplex. Tozawa cannot afford to lose if he wants to return to Japan with stature.

Thank you for reading.

Sami Callihan (1-0) vs. Arik Cannon (0-1) is set for "EVOLVE 4: Danielson vs. Fish" on July 23rd in Union City, NJ at the Ace Arena. This is a battle of one athlete trying to avoid the .500 mark and one trying to get there. Callihan is looking to follow up on his win at EVOLVE 3, while Cannon finally returns to EVOLVE after missing the last two cards. Here is a quick preview:

Why Sami Callihan Will Win:

Callihan is looking to build momentum and he needs the win here to climb the card in EVOLVE. If Callihan truly wants to be a player in EVOLVE he can't fall to a .500 Record. His unique offense makes him very difficult to wrestle. Callihan has also shown great dedication in the gym and this has paid off for him in the ring. These factors could lead him to victory over Cannon.

Why Arik Cannon Will Win:

He is very popular among independent wrestling fans and has a strong connection to them. The crowd could prove to push Cannon to victory. His diverse arsenal makes him a very dangerous opponent. Most importantly, Cannon wants to prove that he belongs on every EVOLVE show and should be a fixture in EVOLVE. He needs to even his Record. All these factors could give Cannon the extra drive needed to win.

Conclusion:

This is a pick 'em. Both competitors will bring a lot of unique and hard-hitting offense to the contest. Can Callihan start knocking on the Leaders board with a 2-0 Record or will Cannon pull himself up to .500?

WR