PDA

View Full Version : UFC 19 Card Finalized

The Mac
07-19-2010, 09:02 PM
As expected the Ultimate Fighting Championship makes its Indiana debut on Sept. 25 when Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis hosts UFC 119.

MMAjunkie.com first reported the event details in June, and UFC executives today made the pay-per-view event official.

As previously reported, Frank Mir (13-5 MMA, 11-5 UFC) rematches fellow ex-heavyweight champ Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (32-6-1 MMA, 3-2 UFC) in the night's main event.

Other officially announced main-card bouts include light-heavyweight contenders Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (19-3 MMA, 2-0 UFC) vs. Ryan Bader (11-0 MMA, 4-0 UFC) and Indianapolis' Chris Lytle (29-17-5 MMA, 8-9 UFC) vs. ex-welterweight champ Matt Serra (11-6 MMA, 7-6 UFC).

"Ever since Frank Mir beat Nogueira for the heavyweight title in 2008, 'Minotauro' has asked me for this rematch because he wants to prove that the first fight was a fluke," UFC President Dana White stated. "On Sept. 25, he gets his wish, and I don't think there's any fighter more motivated than he is to even the score.

"As for Frank Mir, he wants to get back in the title picture, and if I know him, he was the first man to knock Nogueira out at UFC 92, and now he'll want to be the first man to make him tap out."

As MMAjunkie.com recently reported, Spike TV will not air a "UFC Prelims" broadcast prior to the night's PPV-televised main card. Other fights expected for the main card but not officially announced include Evan Dunham vs. Sean Sherk and Melvin Guillard vs. Jeremy Stephens.

The latest card includes:

MAIN CARD

•Frank Mir vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
•Ryan Bader vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
•Chris Lytle vs. Matt Serra
•Evan Dunham vs. Sean Sherk*•Melvin Guillard vs. Jeremy Stephens*PRELIMINARY CARD
•C.B. Dollaway vs. Joe Doerksen*•Joey Beltran vs. Matt Mitrione*•T.J. Grant vs. Julio Paulino*•Steve Lopez vs. Waylon Lowe*•Pat Audinwood vs. Aaron Riley*•Mark Hunt vs. Sean McCorkle

Travicity
07-19-2010, 11:18 PM
How is Nogueira in 2 fights he's only fighting Mir.

tapout
07-20-2010, 08:33 AM
Big Nog and Little Nog on the same night. Different middle names.

Konan
07-20-2010, 09:01 AM
thanks for he update

The Mac
07-20-2010, 09:03 AM
ya i got the card wrong lol its 119 lol and the card looks epic