PDA

View Full Version : Massive Fight Announced

The Mac
07-21-2010, 09:01 AM
A long-anticipated battle between two former UFC champions is likely to take place this fall.

MMAjunkie.com has learned from sources close to the organization that Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (30-8 MMA, 5-2 UFC) has verbally agreed to face Lyoto Machida (16-1 MMA, 8-1 UFC).

Jackson teased the contest on his official Twitter account, and MMAjunkie.com has learned that the bout is targeted for the main event of a yet-to-be-announced Nov. 20 date.

"Almost ready to sign the bout agreement," Jackson stated on his Twitter account. "I would tell ya'll who I'm gonna get down with, but I can't spell his name. Hahaha."

As Jackson alluded to in the post, bout agreements have yet to be finalized.

A location for the Nov. 20 card (which could potentially serve as UFC 123) has yet to be determined, and UFC officials are said to be considering a handful of potential venues.

Jackson looks to bounce back from a May loss to nemesis Rashad Evans at UFC 114. The contest was the culmination of 14 months worth of rivalry and a coaching gig on "The Ultimate Fighter" opposite Evans.

Prior to the loss, Jackson had earned back-to-back victories over Keith Jardine and Wanderlei Silva.

Meanwhile, Machida also looks to bounce back from a loss – the first defeat of his career. "The Dragon" was knocked out in the first round of his May rematch with Mauricio "Shogun" Rua and relinquished his belt in the process.

Prior to the defeat, Machida had earned eight-straight UFC wins and both claimed and once defended the UFC's light heavyweight title.

Jackson was said to be interested in a rematch with Forrest Griffin – the man who took the title from "Rampage" in July 2008 – but the original winner of "The Ultimate Fighter" is currently sidelined following shoulder surgery.

The winner of the Jackson-Machida contest will undoubtedly return to top-contender status in a stacked 205-pound division

Travicity
07-21-2010, 03:37 PM
Omg totally jizz fest Rampage and Machida two of my favourites pure awesome.

WhY..so..SeRiOuS?
07-21-2010, 03:46 PM
Well it's about time, they've only been talking about it since Lyoto and Rampage lost there last two fights. The question now is, who's gonna bounce back. My money's on Machida, but I'd like to see Rampage win... we'll see...

Punisher
07-21-2010, 06:15 PM
Omg totally jizz fest Rampage and Machida two of my favourites pure awesome.

A man after my own heart Travis :sad:

This is sure to be an awesome fight, Im seeing some similarities to Evans v Machida stylistic wise, Im going to go with Rampage though on this one

Travicity
07-21-2010, 09:20 PM
Should be awesome either way who gives a damn who wins sign a rematch right now lol.

muzi
07-22-2010, 02:09 PM
This will be a dream fight!

But I hope Rampage doesn't do promo for his A-Team movie or film another movie before the fight, because in the fight against Evans I kind of had the feeling that Rampage wasn't 100% prepared for it...

The Mac
07-22-2010, 05:50 PM
ya i hope he crushes machida but machida has a style that will frustrate rampage and may force him into mistakes