PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Silva Will Be Waiting For GSP If He Can Make Weight

Konan
07-23-2010, 08:56 AM
Source: MMAWeekly.com

The manager for the UFC Middleweight champion Anderson Silva, Ed Soares has revealed Anderson would be willing to fight UFC Welterweight champion, Georges St-Pierre in a mega-fight if GSP is willing to make the weight.

Speaking via MMAWeekly.com, Soares said:

“First of all, I think to protect both champions, I think it’s smarter to do it at a Catchweight possibly, but who knows? Anderson… I don’t think he could. Maybe he could, I’m not sure, make it down to 170. I think it’s much easier and more likely that Georges goes up to 185.”

“Could Anderson do it? He probably could. It would be interesting. It would be a great promotion. If either one could make each other’s weight class, it would be a great promotion to be the first guy holding two belts at the same time.”

“Tell GSP to make weight, we’ll be waiting.”

Before these two step inside the octagon they both have to defend their respective championships. Silva will be defending his UFC Middleweight champion against Chael Sonnen at UFC 117 on August 7 in Oakland California. Georges St-Pierre will defend his UFC Welterweight championship on December 11 after the two do battle on the upcoming season of the "Ultimate Fighter."

The Mac
07-23-2010, 09:03 AM
gsp would destroy silva