PDA

View Full Version : WWE Writer Asked About Managers

John
07-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Brian Gewirtz is asked about the lack of managers in wrestling today:

"I can't explain why there aren't any managers anymore," Gewirtz answered. "When I was a kid I loved to watch Bobby Heenan, Jimmy Hart, Luscious Johnny V and all of them. But right now I think only manager in the WWE is [laughs] on the RAW writing team. He's the Great Khali's translator. It is kind of a lost art and I'm not really sure why it evolved like that. I think one of the reasons is because the superstars themselves are so entertaining and are so verbally skilled, whereas in the past you needed a mouthpiece to talk for somebody. Now, pretty much everyone has the skill, well maybe not everyone, but most of them have the skills to get themselves over. More than someone else can do it for them. I can't say that managers are totally dead. They might come back at some point"

Source: gerweck

John's Thoughts: They're many talented wrestlers who could "manage" another wrestler. People like AJ & Kaz could manage eachother (like Kaz did to AJ on iMPACT this week) while people like Natalya, Tamina and Maryse are being the female manager who tries to help her family/boyfriend. I like the idea of a manager being at ringside and I think wrestling is sourly missing managers because I can remember the likes of Bearer and Jimmy Hart and how much they influenced the matches and how the generally just made the mathces more entertaining. I miss managers in wrestling.