PDA

View Full Version : Fattest Woman Eats To Death In Hospital

Black Widow
07-26-2010, 02:15 PM
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01092/sharonmevsimler682_1092294a.jpg

A MUM revealed in The Sun to be Britain's fattest woman at 45st has died after secretly GORGING in hospital.

Sharon Mevsimler, 40, was on a strict diet in Chelmsford, Essex, but had family buckets of chicken and fish and chips smuggled in.

She died of a heart attack nine days after we told of the five-footer's grub addiction.

Sharon begged her family to sneak take-aways into the hospital where she was on a strict diet and horrified witnesses saw relatives smuggling fast food to the gorging mum of four.

And she was so huge that a trolley COLLAPSED as she was wheeled to the mortuary.

Last night an NHS source told The Sun less than two weeks after we revealed how Sharon was the UK's most overweight woman: "She simply would not stop eating.

"She obviously had a serious underlying problem with food, but did nothing to help herself.

"Those who came to visit her in hospital did her no favours.

Appetite

"We saw them bringing in various fatty foods like fish and chips and huge portions of fried chicken when she should not have been eating these things.

"It was infuriating to see her literally eating herself to death."

Earlier this month The Sun told how devoted husband Bulent had been forced to give up his job to care for Sharon.

Before she was taken to hospital she had spent four years too fat to get out of bed in Chelmsford, Essex.

The mum - whose weight was NORMAL when she got married in her 20s - blamed post natal depression for her piling on the pounds as she became addicted to comfort eating.

She blasted the NHS, saying: "I have been left to die. If I was anorexic I would get proper help. But no one has sympathy for obese people."

Sharon's bulk put so much strain on her lungs she needed an oxygen tank to breathe.

She was repeatedly warned she was eating herself to death.

But she refused to stop bingeing - despite undergoing a £30,000 op on the NHS earlier this year to have a gastric band fitted. It was meant to have curbed her gargantuan appetite.

Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford - where the mum had been a patient for two months - refused to comment yesterday.

But a source confirmed: "She died on Saturday. Because of her weight, hospital staff had to be very careful how she was moved." Sharon's grief-stricken loved-ones were yesterday preparing to make special funeral arrangements for the mum.

A supersize coffin big enough for her will have to be found.

The mum's death comes just months after Britain's biggest man - 70-stone Paul Mason, from Ipswich - underwent surgery.

Yesterday one NHS worker said: "No one could believe how big Sharon was. She was so fat she could not walk."

Another told The Sun: "There is only so much the Health Service can do for someone with this kind of problem. In the past she begged the NHS for help.

"But in the end the patient turned around and threw it back in their face - by going back to her old ways.

"Many people are very angry about the fact food that was known to be bad for her was brought into the hospital.

"The matter was raised a number of times, but the problem persisted. By the end many staff were at their wits' end.

"It is tragic - what we would call truly a 21st century tragedy.

"This woman was only 40. But she literally ate herself into an early grave."

My View

By CAROL COOPER
Sun Doctor

THERE are so many reasons apart from hunger why people eat - when we feel miserable, simply because it tastes good or to join in when our friends are eating.

But once people get to a size which means they cannot get out and about, food is the only thing they have left in their life.

Eating becomes the be all and end all and it is the one thing that can give them pleasure - even if it is going to kill them.

Their eating has spiralled out of control and they no longer think of food as being fuel for the body. Eating junk has become a habit that they cannot quit.

It is well-known that friends and family of someone who is in hospital having treatment for obesity will sneak food on to the wards.

They are as blind to the dangers as the person who is eating themself to death.

The Sun

Sammantha
07-26-2010, 02:36 PM
This is sad. I mean I do not eat the best food in the world. But how can a person eat so much they can not walk. How can her love ones let her do that. I would blame them just as much as I would blame her.

Shane McMahon's Ass
07-26-2010, 02:49 PM
I am honestly horrified, i use to think that i was bad in my eating habits but my god! How could she do that to her kids? Leaving them without a mother! I hope the rest of her family feel guilty too.

DUKE NUKEM
07-28-2010, 07:46 AM
such a shame, how could you end your life like that

Travicity
07-28-2010, 04:43 PM
Oh very sad but because she is like that it could be a good thing.