PDA

View Full Version : Vince McMahon Comments on WWE's Direction, Paydays, Health Insurance and More

Travicity
07-26-2010, 08:20 PM
The Connecticut Post has a very in-depth story on Vince McMahon at this link (http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/WWE-s-driving-force-591071.php)

In it talks about his rise from a North Carolina trailer to the rich man that he is today. He was asked about wife Linda's run for US Senate. He said he is voting for her.

He was asked about racy WWE programming and said that it was from the past. He also said, "When you look at the totality of the number of minutes we've produced and look at the number of those that may be incendiary or what have you, it's a fraction. So for me to go back and relate to one particular incident ... are there moments of which I might have some degree of regret? Yeah, there are. But like any good producer, any good television writer or film writer, you write the best film you can."

He also talked about the implementation of the Wellness Policy and how WWE helps any current or former talent with rehab if they ask for it.

About providing health insurance he said, "Anyone who makes the kind of money that they make can easily afford their own health care. Most independent contractors have their own health care." They also mentioned that wrestlers pick up road expenses.

My take on this has always been if people think that WWE guys would make the same money that they make now if WWE paid for health care and picked up road expenses they are crazy. Salaries would be reduced accordingly.

The piece also mentioned that "A company spokesman said that on average, wrestlers today earn about $550,000 per year, a number considerably higher than in years past."

Keep in mind that if I make a million dollars a year and you make $100,000, the average is exactly $550,000.

He also weighed in on steroid use and the Benoit tragedy.

PWI

DUKE NUKEM
07-26-2010, 10:50 PM
thanks for the post John