PDA

View Full Version : Mickie James talks about leaving WWE, joining TNA

Konan
08-05-2010, 09:19 PM
Former WWE Diva Mickie James was interviewed by Fanhouse.com this week and spoke about her music career, her WWE release and whether she’d work for TNA Wrestling again.

Here are some highlights of what she said about...

Her WWE Release: “It definitely was heartbreaking and it was out of the blue for me. It totally blindsided me and I didn’t see it coming. But, you know, hindsight is 20-20. Perhaps if I wasn’t so passionate … I don’t know, it’s one of those things that I think I would’ve never cut out on my own because I did love my job and I loved WWE and I loved my fans so much that I would’ve given anything. And I intended to be able to do both, to still wrestle 250 days out of the year and, in the meantime, if we’re in Savannah, Georgia, do the show that night and then maybe go to a bar and even if it’s like a little acoustic set, do a mini-acoustic set afterward and then hit the radio stations the next morning … I had this whole plan. So it kind of totally hit me out of left field, but maybe it was a blessing in disguise because now I can really concentrate on the music, and kind of cherry-pick when I’m gonna wrestle and what I’m gonna do and rebuild my plan of what I want to do and where I want to go.”

Her Music Career Being Her Top Priority: “Here’s the deal — I think that I’ve made my mark in the industry and I’ve made a legacy in the business, and granted there’s a lot more that I wanted to do, but it kind of fell short. So now it’s just a moving forward thing. I don’t think that anything that I could do in the industry right now on this level, in the wrestling industry, would ever compare to wrestling in front of 90,000 people. Unless it’s right and it’s the perfect thing, my focus is on the music. My heart and soul, that’s where I’m at right now, all my focus is on that.”

Working For TNA: “Well certainly I’ve entertained the thought and it’s one of those things … there has to be this beautiful marriage between the two. Obviously my music right now is in the forefront, and if there’s a way to be able to do it and still … you know, because TNA’s schedule is certainly less demanding, maybe what, 100 dates out of the year? Obviously it would give me a lot more time, but it would also give me that platform to be able to be there for my wrestling fans and hope that they would support me with my music.”