PDA

View Full Version : WWE Attorney Comments on TNA Using the ECW Theme

Travicity
08-07-2010, 01:07 AM
Newsday’s Alfonso Castillo recently contacted WWE attorney Jerry McDivitt for comment regarding TNA’s Hardcore Justice PPV this Sunday featuring an all ECW-theme.

McDivett said,

“The WWE is sole owner of the ECW marks, and as with all of WWE’s intellectual property it will be vigorously protected. TNA acts at its peril if it infringers upon WWE’s rights.”

As of this week, WWE has made no attempts to get the event shut down due to copyright issues.

Source: The Wrestling Observer

- Dave Meltzer is reporting that WWE has not tried to file for an injunction in order to stop Sunday’s HardCORE Justice PPV from happening. Jerry McDevitt the attorney for the WWE told Newsday “The WWE is sole owner of the ECW marks, and as with all of WWE’s intellectual property it will be vigorously protected. TNA acts at its peril if it infringers upon WWE’s rights.”

GNET

Kage
08-07-2010, 04:50 AM
Im pretty sure TNA did everything by the book. I dont even think I've heard them say ECW at all.

Metalitia
08-08-2010, 10:58 PM
Im pretty sure TNA did everything by the book. I dont even think I've heard them say ECW at all.

They've mentioned ECW countless times since Dreamer first appeared at the PPV a while back. Mike Tenay and Tazz have mentioned it quite a bit, Tommy Dreamer mentioned it before now too. WCW has also been mentioned.

It all depends what constitutes breaching the copyright and what doesn't.

I don't think the question either way is "Would WWE try and stop the Hardcore Justice PPV happening?" The question should surely be "Have WWE and their lawyers been monitoring the whole storyline, letting it play out and will they then sue the fuck out of them?"

I sincerely hope not BUT if I were in a situation where a rival had the potential to use copyrighted material I'd be monitoring it very closely AND quietly before tolling up any offences and hitting them hard with a big arsed lawsuit.

:(

Smartmark
08-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Just because it's not allowed to mention other promotions in WWE, why do TNA have to do the same?
Doesn't WWE realize that if people are talking about ECW, they are actually talking about a product that Vince now owns.
Vince is a jerk, and so is WWE!

ECW will never die, and WWE should realize that!

Travicity
08-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Lol you didnt here the ECW? Taz said it at least 3 times.

BTW Francine is still a MILF :shifty:

Kenpachi Zaraki
08-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Saying ECW is not really an issue its when you use footage and music that things go bad