PDA

View Full Version : Sonnen Says A Loss To Anderson Silva Means He's 'That Bad'

Travicity
08-07-2010, 05:06 AM
Chael Sonnen has said more than his fair share leading up to Saturday's title bout with middleweight champ Anderson Silva. While the Brazilian may not have comprehended all the gibberish Sonnen has spewed throughout this entertaining pre-fight process, the chatty challenger made two final requests during Thursday's unforgettable press conference.

"If I lose to Anderson Siva, it doesn't mean Anderson is that good. It just means that I am that bad," Sonnen emphatically stated. "Look, we're going out there to fight. I don't owe him anything and he doesn't owe me anything. I just ask that he shows up on August 7th and I ask that he makes weight [today]."

In case you have been living under an anti-MMA rock for the past several months, Silva and Sonnen will finally collide tomorrow at UFC 117 inside Oracle Arena in Oakland, CA. Although Sonnen has had beef with practically everyone involved with Team Silva, he reiterated that the championship belt is the only thing on his mind.

"I'm not here to talk about Anderson Silva and I'm not here to collect the silver medal. I'm after the belt and I'll go through anybody that gets in my way," Sonnen stated. "It has nothing to do with him. Getting to punch Anderson in the face is just a bonus."

WI