PDA

View Full Version : Lashley says he would take on Batista

Travicity
08-09-2010, 11:35 PM
Sherdog.com, one of the most respected MMA news sites, has an article up with quotes from Bobby Lashley about the possibility of facing fellow former WWE star Batista in an MMA fight in the future.

Lashley is training for a bout with the Strikeforce promotion on August 21st against Chad Griggs, while Batista is supposedly in negotiations with Strikeforce about making his MMA debut with the company. Batista is currently training with the Ceasar Gracie Academy in Los Angeles.

Strikeforce boss Scott Coker has hinted at the idea of putting the former WWE stars against each other in a "real fight" should the company come to terms with Batista, despite Batista's age (he is 41, Lashley is 34) and lack of combat sports experience.

While noting Batista is a "great guy", Lashley states that a fight with him isn't "the direction I want to move in." However, Lashley did note that if Strikeforce wanted to make the fight, he would take it.

Lashley doesn't see an upside to the fight for him, noting, “I’m not disrespecting Dave at all, but he’s new to the game. That’s definitely a fight for the fans, but not so much for my career. I’d do it and keep moving forward.”

PWI

Smartmark
08-10-2010, 01:28 AM
Thanx for posting Travis!

muzi
08-10-2010, 01:18 PM
Lashley would kick Batista's ass out of the building..

vdirico
08-10-2010, 09:37 PM
thanks for u/d