PDA

View Full Version : McMahon Says "Personal Habits" Cause Deaths In Wrestling

John
08-11-2010, 08:27 AM
Linda McMahon was interviewed by ABC's Nightline in conjunction with her candidacy for the US Senate.

When asked about the rate of wrestler's dying young she said:

"It's unfortunate, you know, that you can't change people's -- habits, their personal habits. I mean, OK, you know, Heath Ledger. That's an ... that's an awful story. It's an addiction. And so... if any of those professional wrestlers who died young had addictions that were outside of the ... which were their practices when they were outside of WWE, we don't have any control over that." She added, "While they're in WWE, we absolutely have a health and wellness policy. I'll probably always say 'we,' even though I've resigned as the CEO. It's kind of hard to break a 30-year habit. The WWE has absolutely a very strong health and wellness policy in place, to protect these men and women who perform in this action-adventure soap opera every week."

The article also stated that "McMahon has said she is willing to spend $50 million of her own fortune on her campaign."

She also commented on Sarah Palin. You can read the whole story at the link above or watch it on Nightline tonight at 11:35.

PWI

Smartmark
08-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Thanx for posting John!

jedi71
08-11-2010, 05:41 PM
thank u for posting this.

frankdafrog
08-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Thanks for posting, now I have the info so I can catch this Nightline.