View Full Version : Chris Jericho Gives Insight into the real Chris Benoit in his New Book

Kellie
08-12-2010, 12:21 AM
Chris Jericho is working on new book, tentatively titled "UNDISPUTED: How to Become the World Champion in 1,372 Steps". Grand Central will publish it on February 16, 2011. Mick Foley wrote the forward.

Among the items covered:

* His ups and downs on this path to greatness
* How he joins the WWE
* Starting Fozzy
* His relationship with Vince McMahon

He also talks about Chris Benoit, who was a close friend, and how he killed his family and gave some insight into the man.

About his sense of humor the rough draft states, " Not a giggle, not a chuckle, not a tee-hee…never went ‘Ha.’ But when somebody threw up or fell down the stairs, he would laugh out loud for hours on end."

About being his friend he wrote, " I considered Chris to be one of my closest companions, but it wasn’t always easy to be his friend. You had to take the good with the bad when it came to his friendship."

When he heard about the death of Benoit's family the book states, "My gut feeling was Chris had killed them."

I have read about 50 pages so far and it's very interesting stuff.

PWI

Smartmark
08-12-2010, 01:27 AM
Jericho always wants to be in the center of attention. Can't people just forget what Benoit did and concentrate on the great wrestling he gave us? :no:

Kage
08-12-2010, 02:32 AM
How in the fucking fuck is Jericho wanting to be the center of attention by writing a book?

Smartmark
08-12-2010, 03:11 AM
^^ Well, the obviously title of the book, and the fact that he, as a friend of Benoit even can't shut his mouth about it. It happened 5 years ago GOD Dammit!

Travicity
08-12-2010, 05:04 AM
3 Years ago and I think Jericho may exaggerate a little bit and keep his character at times.

Kage
08-12-2010, 11:29 AM
^^ Well, the obviously title of the book, and the fact that he, as a friend of Benoit even can't shut his mouth about it. It happened 5 years ago GOD Dammit!

I don't even know what to say to you anymore. I'm pretty sure the title of ANY book is supposed to get peoples attention. I'm pretty sure it's a free country and he can write about whatever he wants. And I'm pretty sure there's thousands if not millions of people who want to hear Jericho's take on the situation. Foley has written tons of books but i don't hear you saying that he just wants attention. As usual with you SM, it's a ridiculuous double standard that makes no sense to anyone other than you.

Y0UR Messiah
08-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Guys, guys, guys, I got two words that'll solve all your problems.

TIME SHARE!

frankdafrog
08-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Well, I am looking forward to it anyway. It will be nice to get some insight from someone besides the media who didn't even know the guy. I'm sure it won't be all roses, but at least it hopefully will be honest. Regardless how his life ended, Benoit's career was one of great matches and that is how I will always remember the man.

Konan
08-13-2010, 04:02 PM
thanks for the update