PDA

View Full Version : Singer Manilow needs hip surgery

OMEN
08-08-2006, 01:36 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41976000/jpg/_41976956_manilow1_bodyap.jpg
Manilow has been appearing at the Las Vegas Hilton since 2005
Singer Barry Manilow is to undergo surgery to repair torn cartilage in both hips, his publicist has said.

The 63-year-old star will continue to perform at the Las Vegas Hilton before having surgery in California at the end of the month.

Manilow, who has a four-year contract with the hotel, will miss 16 concerts which will be rescheduled in 2007.

Earlier this year the veteran performer topped the US album charts for the first time in nearly 29 years.

"The doctors have promised I'll come back even better than before," he said. "I can't wait to hit the stage again."

Cover versions

The singer is scheduled to perform at the Emmy Awards in Los Angeles on 27 August.

Manilow, who is nominated for best performance in a variety or music programme for his Music and Passion TV special, will take part in a tribute to US presenter Dick Clark, who suffered a stroke in 2004.

He plans to return in mid-October for the launch of his latest album, The Greatest Songs of the Sixties.

The record features cover versions of the Righteous Brothers's You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling and the Beatles' And I Love Her.

Best known for hits like Mandy, Copacabana and Looks Like We Made It, Manilow has sold more than 70 million records worldwide.

BBC

Kaz
08-08-2006, 01:42 PM
Ouch that gotta hurt.