PDA

View Full Version : Danielson's Firing was a work?

Travicity
08-23-2010, 07:40 AM
A story on Beckett.com states that Daniel Bryan's trading card was not initially in the current WWE Topps set, but was added in July to the list. Of course Bryan was not under WWE contract at that time...or was he? :)

EWN

I hope it was.

Smartmark
08-23-2010, 09:01 AM
Thanx for the update Travis!

Kellie
08-23-2010, 09:17 AM
Im sure it was a work with all the WWE starts twittering etc about his firing, WWE as usual didnt pull it off all that well

Travicity
08-23-2010, 08:58 PM
There is now new speculation about the release of Bryan Danielson from WWE earlier this year, which questions whether he was ACTUALLY released or whether it was in fact a work. Danielson is part of WWE's new Topps trading card set, but was not originally scheduled to be a part of the new set. He was added some time this past July to the initial production list. The original card checklist did not have "Daniel Bryan" included, but he is now in the new set (card #68 out of 110 in case anyone is wondering). The cards themselves were printed sometime between July 2nd and July 16th, which is WELL before WWE's SummerSlam pay-per-view event, where Danielson made his return to WWE.

WR

tapout
08-24-2010, 09:26 AM
If it was truly a work he would not have been able to book Indy shows. The firing was real but they brought him back as soon as the choking hubbub went down.

A Blissful Ass
08-24-2010, 11:12 AM
It was a clear work

frankdafrog
08-24-2010, 03:54 PM
I just don't get it, why do this work? Danielson is a solid performer, why "let him go" in the first place?

gguru
08-25-2010, 03:08 AM
Letting him go was to make him hotter than he was even at first. Working the indies was to cover the firing angle. With this excellently executed work, Danielson is big enough within the "WWE Universe" to be able to take the U.S. title away from Miz at Night of Champions (with the current angle furthering that) so Miz can take the WWE Championship after the Six Pack match. WWE most likely felt that they wanted Danielson to carry a title early, but without the firing angle he would not be over with a lot of fans it wouldn't work. I have been convinced for awhile that it was a work and it would be difficult to convince of anything different than what I have been posting here before and now.