PDA

View Full Version : Team 3D Possible Leaving TNA Wrestling, Contracts Expiring This Week

John
08-23-2010, 09:21 PM
The duo known as Team 3D, Brother Ray and Brother Devon, may have already made their final appearances with TNA Wrestling as their contracts are set to expire this week.

Though the team was not written into this week’s shows, Brother Ray is backstage at today’s television taping working as a producer. Meanwhile, it is unclear whether Devon is on hand for the event.

It is said that the two sides are negotiating but a deal is not close to being reached.

Team 3D’s last appearance with the organization took place on Thursday’s episode of ReACTION as they were featured in a segment concerning the beating Fortune laid on EV2.0 the previous week on iMPACT!.

Source - LOP.

Travicity
08-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Team 3D, Brother Ray and Brother Devon, may have made their last official appearances for TNA Wrestling during a promo on last week's Reaction as their contracts are scheduled to expire this week.

The team is not written into this week's Impact tapings, but Brother Ray is backstage at today's taping working as an agent. I have not heard whether Devon is at the tapings. I am told the two sides are still in negotiations but they are not close to a deal yet.

After the beating Fortune laid on EV2.0 several weeks back, Team 3D were featured in an interview that aired on the following week's Reaction episode. That promo may prove to be their TNA swansong, as anti-climactic as it seems.

In my mind, it's a strange situation to think 3D might be on the way out just as the EV2.0 angle is taking off. They were one of the all time greatest ECW acts and one of the most successful post-ECW as well, so one would think that they are a natural to be part of whatever "war" comes out of the angle.

When you factor in how many of their students have been signed by TNA and how much strong work that has come out of the team in recent years (especially in giving Jay Lethal a strong rub during the X-Division feud), to me it seems like a no brainer to want to keep them around, especially for a company that pushes itself as a place where tag team wrestling really matters.

At the Lockdown PPV this past year, we saw how important Team 3D could really be in the right scenario. The mic work by Brother Ray and subsequent brawl through the building against Beer Money woke up a crowd that had lacked energy previously in the PPV to the point that the crowd was far more into the remainder of the show. When you have someone who can use psychology and pull the crowd out of the doldrums so easily, to me, that's a veteran presence you want to keep around. While the Team is certainly older, unlike a lot of veterans, you can make a case that they still have something to give back, having learned the right way under the likes of Paul Heyman, Terry Funk, etc.

Team 3D have been with TNA since departing WWE towards the latter part of 2005. During the TNA run, they captured both the NWA and TNA Tag Team championships, positioning the team as the most decorated champions of all time by virtue of their ECW, WWE and WCW Tag Team championship wins as well.

PWI

Wonder if SM Wants them in ROH :hmm:

Smartmark
08-23-2010, 10:06 PM
^^ LOL!

Actually I would like them to join with WWE. WWE's tag team division sucks right now!

Thanx for posting Travis!

Kenpachi Zaraki
08-23-2010, 10:16 PM
they're both over weight but I do feel they could contribute to the EV2.0 storyline

Konan
08-24-2010, 09:31 AM
Well I think its good that they're leaving they are 26 time tag team champs and they should retire and work at there wrestling school and help make some big stars in the future

A Blissful Ass
08-24-2010, 11:24 AM
^^ LOL!

Actually I would like them to join with WWE. WWE's tag team division sucks right now!

Thanx for posting Travis!

They don't need to go to WWE i don't want to see them get burried again up there

jedi71
08-24-2010, 12:27 PM
not a fan of them either way.

DUKE NUKEM
08-24-2010, 01:28 PM
thanks for the post John

frankdafrog
08-24-2010, 04:10 PM
I agree. They could def help train and prepare new talent, show them how to be successful.

Y0UR Messiah
08-24-2010, 10:53 PM
they're both over weight but I do feel they could contribute to the EV2.0 storyline

Uh...they've always been over weight.