PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Vera Doesn't Believe The Jon Jones Hype, Despite Suffering A Broken Face

Konan
08-24-2010, 09:59 AM
UFC Light Heavyweight, Brandon Vera has been talking about the man who put him out of action with a broken orbital bone, Jon Jones, saying he still doesn't believe the hype of the rising superstar.

Speaking via the Las Vegas Sun, Vera said:

“I’m still babying it, but it’s getting better. At one point, I couldn’t even touch it. December or January is when I’m looking to come back. I test my face every day to see what I can get away with.”

“I’m going to turn it (three metal plates) into a piece of jewelry. I need to remind myself every day why I got that. If you cut it down to its purest form — I’m an arrogant (expletive). That’s why I got my face broke.”

“During the fight I remember thinking, ‘Man, really? All the hype was about this guy?’ I specifically remember saying to him in my head, ‘Man, you (expletive) suck.’ Right when the ‘k’ came out in my head, I got blasted.”

“It’s hard for me to say because he beat me, but I still don’t believe the hype. I like Jon Jones as a fighter, but I owe that (expletive). He’s definitely not coming to my house for Christmas.”

The Ultimate Fighter
08-24-2010, 10:22 AM
lol i saw that fight, Vera wasnt doing till bad until he got caught but yeh he should believe the hype.

aoessand
08-24-2010, 04:10 PM
he is just sad cause he got his fuckin face broke, and his hype train is crashed and burned already.