PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Florian Talks About Fighting In His Hometown

Konan
08-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Source: MMAFighting.com

UFC Lightweight, Kenny Florian talks about fighting in front of his hometown crowd this Saturday night at UFC 118 against Gray Maynard, saying it can be a distraction.

Speaking via MMAFighting.com, Florian said:

“It can be a little distracting. But its stuff I’ve dealt with before. People want you to get them tickets to every fight. You have to win every fight. You always have your fans supporting you and people in your corner expecting you to do well. That’s just how it is.”

Florian has fought for the UFC Lightweight championship twice in his career, losing to Sean Sherk and B.J. Penn. Florian talks about this being his possible last shot at winning the belt.

“There’s never a good time to lose, but yeah, now is the time for me. I have to go on my run now, because I feel like I’m best prepared for it now. I feel like my style is way more conductive to being successful in this division than it’s ever been. I changed my style so I could beat everybody, not so I could beat most people.”

With a win over Maynard on Saturday night, Florian will earn his third shot at fighting for the UFC Lightweight championship against the winner of the main event of that night between, Frankie Edgar and B.J. Penn. Florian will have the home crowd behind him on Saturday night as the UFC makes their debut in Boston, Massachusetts.