PDA

View Full Version : Fedor Emelianenko Wants Alistair Overeem

Konan
08-25-2010, 09:40 PM
Strikeforce Heavyweight, Fedor Emelianenko has called out Strikeforce Heavyweight champion, Alistair Overeem to try and get his ranking back as the number one Heavyweight in the world.

Speaking via MixFight.ru, Fedor said:

“Absolutely, I would like a rematch with Werdum. But as he was recently operated on, then as soon as this fight is unlikely to happen. This year, in November-December, I would prefer to meet in a cage with Alistair Overeem.”

“This is an important match for me and something that I personally want to happen. There have been conversations about putting this match-up together in the past and now is the time to begin making this bout possible.”

Strikeforce was looking to have Antonio Silva be Fedor's next opponent in the cage. Fedor has one fight left on his current deal with Strikeforce.

Swinny
08-25-2010, 10:38 PM
Well... I guess since he finally lost he's not as worried about his streak being ended. But I think this is a fight that NEEDS to happen and would be a huge win for either fighter. If Alistair can beat Fedor it finally puts him over and a legit top heavyweight and gets him more well known, which he should already be and if Fedor wins it pretty much erases his loss over Werdum and shows he's still got it.

Travicity
08-26-2010, 12:39 AM
I'd prefer Silva/Sonnen 2 :P

Swinny
08-26-2010, 01:52 AM
I'd prefer Silva/Sonnen 2 :P

And... where did that come up? They're not even in the same weight division as Fedor/Overeem let alone the same company, lol.

Travicity
08-26-2010, 02:24 AM
Id rather see that fight than this fight.