PDA

View Full Version : 'Dexter' star 'hoping for Emmy win'

John
08-26-2010, 01:24 PM
Dexter star Michael C. Hall has admitted that he hopes the show will win an Emmy award.

The showtime drama is nominated for 'Outstanding Drama Series', while Hall himself is up for 'Outstanding Lead Actor In A Drama Series' for his role as serial killer Dexter Morgan.

"I feel like any award for the show is an award for all of us," he told Zap2It. "To have that formally recognised so that people could really, without reservation, share a collective sense of pride would be amazing."

However, he insisted that he feels honoured just to be nominated for an award.

"I try not to have expectations," he said. "It's not like we're all running the same race. We're all making different shows and it's just really nice to be invited to the party again and again."

Hall also revealed that he hopes other Showtime series will be recognised at the Emmys.

"I really like watching Merritt [Wever] on Nurse Jackie," he said. "I think she's really funny, really talented. And Edie [Falco], of course. And Toni Collette [on United States of Tara]."

He continued: "These [shows] are all at the network... but they're amazing, it's a good place to work."

The 2010 Emmy Awards will air live on NBC on August 29.

Source - DigitalSpy.