PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Silva To Fedor And Alistair Overeem: Step Up And Fight Me

Travicity
08-28-2010, 04:42 AM
Source: Cage Potato
Strikeforce heavyweight fighter Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva has grown tired of Fedor Emelianenko and Strikeforce Heavyweight Champion Alistair Overeem's indecision over who they will fight next and has issued a call to both men urging either man to step up and take a fight with him.

Overeem and Emelianenko have issued several public statements over who they both want to fight next and both men have flip-flopped over their next opponents. Silva has earned a spot in the heavyweight title picture with a win over Andrei Arlovski and the injury-induced absence of Fabricio Werdum. According to CagePotato.com, Silva issued a statement through his MMA Profit Advisor sponsorship calling for Emelianenko and Overeem to make up their minds and step in the cage.

"I come from Paraiba, in Brazil, where we don't back down from things," said Silva. "I'll fight whoever they put in front of me; you will never see me picking and choosing opponents. It's sad when the heavyweight champion starts whining that he will only fight this guy or that. What kind of a professional is this guy? He is the champ, isn't he? Why be afraid to fight me? And Fedor, one of the biggest legends in the sport. Is this how he got to be a legend, by declining fights?"

"Bigfoot" explained that he is upset over a perceived lack of respect being shown to him by the two prominent fighters and is tired of the drama in which the two are currently involved.

"I never disrespect any opponent, no matter what his record is or what the public thinks about him," said "Bigfoot." "To me, he merits respect just for stepping up there and facing off, but these guys are disappointing me. They are demonstrating that they are not deserving of my respect. We are fighters, supposed to be some of the best in the world, and our job is to get up there, perform, and put on a good fight for the fans. I am ready to do this, just tell me who is next and I will be there. I am not a woman who wants to be involved in soap operas, looking forward to the next episode."

The Brazilian fighter also directed a statement to the Strikeforce promotion, urging them to reign in Emelianenko and Overeem and to give him a chance to take either man on.

"I think that Strikeforce needs to put an end to this," said Silva. "Give me whoever and I will fight him, and, win or lose, people will know I came to fight that day and put my heart into it. To me, this is the only way."

"Bigfoot" owns a professional record of 14-2 and recently bounced back from a unanimous decision loss to Fabricio Werdum with a unanimous decision win over former UFC Heavyweight Champion Andrei Arlovski.

WI