PDA

View Full Version : Dana White Reveals James Toney Won't Fight In The UFC Again!

Travicity
08-29-2010, 07:20 PM
UFC President, Dana White spoke to the media following UFC 118 last night in Boston, Massachusetts, saying James Toney will not fight in the UFC again after getting dominated by Randy Couture in the co-main event.

Speaking during the post-fight press conference, Dana said:

“I thought we answered this question in 1993, but James came out and he picked a fight. We answered the question again in 2010. I don’t think it needs to be answered again. I don’t care if it’s (Floyd) Mayweather or anybody else. It’s unfair to bring a guy in with one discipline, no matter if he’s trained for eight or nine months. I wasn’t the guy going out there and trying to badmouth boxing and take boxing down and hurt the sport of boxing. James Toney picked a fight, and he got one.”

“I don’t see [other boxers] ever doing that, coming out and whatever. James Toney is the guy that’s crazy enough to come out and do this. He picked a fight, he got one, and we won’t be doing any more boxing. I didn’t try to sell this thing as ‘Tune in on Saturday night, and you’re going to see the most spectacular battle or war.’ I basically said what I was hoping would happen. Anything can happen in a fight.”

“We’re not after boxing. We’re not trying to attack boxing. I love boxing, and I thought this question was answered back in 1993, but I’ve got to be honest. As we got closer to the fight, my stomach hurt, and I was a little dizzy. I was nervous. Mixed martial arts stepped in there against a boxer, but at the end of the day, it’s a fight. Anything can happen in a fight.”

“What was I nervous about? That I’d have to deal with James Toney for the next year. It’s been a fun ride with James. It’s been very interesting. He’s a nutty guy. I was nervous for that fight. He’s a tough guy, and he’s been around for a long time, and I love him. I have a lot of respect for James Toney. When you come in with one discipline, you can’t expect the guy to come in and have great ground work. You know what? He stepped up. He wanted to do it, and he did it.”

“He hung in there longer than I thought he would. I’m sure he was as prepared as he could be. Anybody that knows James Toney over the past few years knows that James isn’t the most physically fit boxer on the planet. But let me tell you what, when I signed him in my office, he’s lost a lot of weight since that day. He took it serious, he went out there, and he gave it a shot. He’s the IBA and NABO heavyweight champion. He’s a boxer, and that’s what he does.”

Randy will now move back down to Light Heavyweight following his dominant performance on Saturday night. Dana White also said last night that Randy will take on a top contender in the Light Heavyweight division once he fights again.

WR

Oh great Toney's gone and Randy's going down :D

Swinny
08-29-2010, 07:54 PM
Damn, I wanted him to take on Brock! Lol, that would have been hilarious though and that is who he wanted to fight originally, which it just ridiculous. But this is for the best, he's no mixed martial artist and it doesn't sound like he's going to actually try and become one either.

aoessand
08-29-2010, 09:54 PM
i knew he would get his ass kicked just wish i coulda watched it

Travicity
08-29-2010, 10:08 PM
You can watch it by downloading dude.