PDA

View Full Version : Dana White Not Opposed To Making Anderson Silva vs. Georges St-Pierre

Travicity
08-29-2010, 07:22 PM
UFC President, Dana White revealed over the weekend that he's not opposed to making a super-fight between two of the top fighters in the world inside the octagon between UFC Middleweight champion, Anderson Silva and Welterweight champion, Georges St-Pierre. he also said though that there is still too much to do before this fight can take place.

Speaking during the Fan Expo Q & A session in Boston, Massachusetts, Dana said:

“They’ve got a couple of guys they’ve got to beat before we make that fight, but I’m not opposed to making it. Georges St-Pierre is a coach on this season of ‘The Ultimate Fighter.’ He’s got to fight (Josh) Koscheck. Then, Jake Shields is here now, so he’s got a couple guys before he cleans out the division. We’re going to re-do Chael Sonnen-Anderson Silva. That rematch is going to happen, and Vitor Belfort is still in the mix.”

“Anderson Silva hasn’t lost a fight since 2006. Not only has he annihilated the 185-pound division, he also moved up a weight class and beat people there, too. There’s no better fighter in the world than Anderson Silva right now. Listen, Georges St-Pierre is awesome. He’s cute and everything else, I know. Anderson Silva is the man right now. There’s just no denying it. They guy has done too much. Just think about this – to go undefeated in the UFC since 2006 is crazy.”

Silva will be inside the octagon next against the man who almost took his Middleweight championship away from him, Chael Sonnen in a much anticipated rematch. GSP will be defending his Welterweight title against Josh Koscheck sometime in December.

WR

After Silva loses the title to Sonnen. GSP vs Silva :shifty2:

Swinny
08-29-2010, 07:56 PM
GSP would destroy him. I'd like to see the fight, but I really don't think it'd be the big blowout everyone would be expecting. I think GSP would take Silva down and dominate him, like Chael Sonnen did, but x10 and GSP won't be getting caught in a submission at the last minute either.